Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im planning to go 1x10 on my BLTc and am researching my chainguide options.

Has anyone had a BB mount chainguide cause damage to the rear triangle on a SC carbon frame or heard any stories of it happening?

I know the clearances are tight for the bottom rollers and the chainstay and it makes me worry about the roller rotating clockwise into the chainstay due to a hit and causing damage.

Several searches did not reveal any such cases and I just want to make sure i'm not missing something. Hopefully some others are in the same situation and can use the info too :thumbsup:

Recommendations for or against specific chainguide models appreciated too! :p

·
Registered
429 Posts
There are 1 or 2 cases in this forum were they did move and do some (not sure how much) damage. Might want to try searching again, or maybe just going through the first 5 pages of this forum. They are here somewhere.

·
Banned
7,105 Posts
Go search in the AM forum for BLTc setup thread. Around page 13 or 15 Polymathic (?) was talking about it. It was the reason I pulled my Stinger.

Edit: oh wait, my bad. That thread is in this forum. Sorry :D

·
Not smart enough to shift
455 Posts
I run a MRP G2sl bb mount guide on my Tallboy set-up 1x10. I have smacked it twice on logs and rotated it into the metal chainstay guard. I'm going to pull everything off and inspect it a little more closely but it appeared everything was fine. I may have time to check this weekend.

Cheers,
Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.