Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a Bay Area shop that will rent mountain bikes and allow for after-hours returns? Bonus points for being riding distance to a trailhead. I travel a lot to the Bay Area these days and would really enjoy riding there again - but because of work it will be end-of day rides only, and since work involves a lot of travel, it will be hard to return them if a shop opens the next day in late morning as is typical. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Came here to say this. Sports Basement rocks.

They rent Ibis, so you can't go wrong. Or a Cannondale if you have to.You might find a Yeti or two at some locations (they used to sell Yeti)

·
Registered
803 Posts
+1 for Sports Basement, however I have a few friends who have had bad experiences with the bike department at the San Francisco location. Sunnyvale, Campbell, and Redwood City locations have always treated me well.

Unfortunately, I am unsure if any of the Sports Basement locations are close to a mountain biking trailhead. The closest I can think of is the Campbell location is very close to the Los Gatos Creek Trail. This is a ~8 mile paved pedestrian path that's quite scenic and popular, and the south end turns into a gravel ride which takes you up the back of Lexington Reservoir's dam. From here you can ride some of the trails at St Joseph's Hill Open Space Preserve - https://www.trailforks.com/region/st-joseph-s-hill-open-space-preserve-22821/

But that really isn't optimal unless you're OK with a few miles on the pavement.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Just FYI - There are 2 SF SBs - the one on Bryant Street took care of me in a way I liked. The mechanic knew exactly what he was doing and didn't try to sell me anything. The one by Crissy Field, I have no experience with

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.