·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
roadies, I wonder if they know what they are missing out on.

Yeah that pic of the "chick" is kinda unnerving but who am I to judge, to each their own. But someone like that had nothing to do with the main point of the article, which was that in the Silicon Valley, the good old boys aren't socially maneuvering on the golf course but on a road bike (mostly road bikes but also other things). From the text of the article, I'm set. I kiteboard, mountain bike, and run and swim. I don't roadie but I would own a roadbike if I wasn't still buying mountain bikes.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The Rockin' Martini Ranch..

That's what I call it. There's a symbol over the gate across from the end of Old La Honda that looks like a martini glass that rocks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
francois said:
Interesting article... a bit over the top to get the VC spin but it shows an interesting trend in the area.

fc
So it WAS you I saw at the bottom of OLH.

I find it funny that they mentioned Skeggs Pt as a "trendy spot near Woodside". LOL.

Maybe I should dress better next time when I am parked there.

Gak

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Gakster said:

I find it funny that they mentioned Skeggs Pt as a "trendy spot near Woodside". LOL.

Maybe I should dress better next time when I am parked there.

Gak
nothing trendy about a place where the rangers treat you like a criminal just for showing up with a fullface helmet. I like skeggs, and when I go I stick to the trails but the hassle I get is usually enough to turn my nose up and out to demo forest.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gakster said:

Gak
That wasn't me. That was my twin brother...

Hey Gak, where you been? You missed all the epic group rides of the summer. Don't tell me you converted to full-on roadie.

francois

·
Registered
286 Posts
francois said:
That wasn't me. That was my twin brother...

Hey Gak, where you been? You missed all the epic group rides of the summer. Don't tell me you converted to full-on roadie.

francois
I confess, o ultra-lord for I have been losing my religion. 5 Centuries this summer and maybe 50 miles of dirt... my bad.

Looked forward to join the flock but I am weak.

I am sure all this road riding is a phase thing and will pass .....

Cheers,
Gak

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gakster said:
I confess, o ultra-lord for I have been losing my religion. 5 Centuries this summer and maybe 50 miles of dirt... my bad.

Looked forward to join the flock but I am weak.

I am sure all this road riding is a phase thing and will pass .....

Cheers,
Gak
Holy century!! Road riding is not that good.

Did you climb OLH? Did you beat 20 minutes yet? How come you looked like you came down from OLH? That direction is no good.

I'll see you in the norcal roadie forum.

francois

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.