Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to determine if it's safe to venture out on Saturdays again. From looking at the PA website, it doesn't look like there is any hunting going on at Bavington right now (until Turkey hunting in May). Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have never been there before, were do you park at? are the trails clearly marked? This whole weekend looks like a wash, rain on Saturday and a chance of snow and only a high of 32 on Sunday.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never been there before, were do you park at? are the trails clearly marked? This whole weekend looks like a wash, rain on Saturday and a chance of snow and only a high of 32 on Sunday.
Take 22/30 to Bavington exit and head west on Steubenville Pike. There are a couple spots to start. First is right turn on Knowlton. Go half mile or so and there are trailheads on right and left. Alternatively, pass Knowlton on Steubenville Pike and go another mile or so, turn right at the "radio controlled airplane" sign (there will also be a Hillman park sign after you turn). Go a mile or so, at crest of hill there is a parking lot on the left. Trailhead is right there. Grab a trail map online beforehand. Here's a good one:

https://www.rattlesnakepeak.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Bavington_Letter_2.0.jpg

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
btw how did you find this map on rattlesnakepeak? ive tried to use the site but theres nothing on it..lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Which section seems to be the best to ride? Airport,Five points,Knowlton?

I have a feeling im going to get lost. Can you park at the Model Airplane airport and start from there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts