Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally received my crash replacement Baum frame after %&?2!!!! months.
My crumpled frame morphed from steel to Ti and 26" to a 29er.

Baum delivered everything I asked for including looooong chainstays and slaaaaack seat tube. The bike felt great - stick a Hopey damper on a rigid fork and you think you can do anything on it.

The frame was designed for a Rohloff but I had a lot on fun on the weekend as a singlespeed so it may take a while to wack on the cables and the extra three or four pounds of rear hub.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 Speed said:
Pretty! Interesting that you went for long chainstays when everyone else is attempting to get as short of CS as possible. Really nice. Also, be glad that it was only 2 months and not 1/2 a year or more like some of us from other companies.

Um.....Rest assured it was longer than 2 months

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
beauty of a bike - tell us more about the Hopey and how it helps with the rigid fork. Does it just "stabilize" things a bit more?

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Very nice bike... :thumbsup:

Good to see an Aussie 29'er..:D

Oh... btw, the Rohloff Speedhub is going to add another 5+ lbs to the frame, not 3-4.. :D

R.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's a beauty. Must have been heart-breaking to see your original Baum written-off. BTW, I have a Rohloff Baum (26er though).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MMcG - I've been riding with the Hopey for a couple of years now and hate the feeling when I turn it off.
The damper reduces tendency to get knocked off line when you are blasting through terrain and I like the feel of it for climbing if technique may cause you to wander a bit.

Enel - the chainstays are 19".

Yes, the fork is an On One

Fredrik - The seat tube is 69 deg (Yes, I am tall and have proportionally long femurs) The chainstays were lengthed to suit this rearward seat position. Certainly doesn't seem hamper climbing.

Rainman - yes you are right. The difference between my CK wheel and the Rohloff is 5.3 lb. Obviously a bigger difference on a singlespeed than if you were to also add in derailleurs, shifters, cassette and chainrings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts