Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
do all your bikes have dropper posts? If you are a tall rider and don’t have a dropper will the extension of the seat be a problem to touch the back of your van or cause any other issue?
I have a 185 mm dropper post on my 29er. If it is extended all the way when in the the Lolo the seat can touch the back of our Toyota sienna‘s liftgate.
I think the main reason for that is because I intentionally have the upright of the Lolo leaning as close to the siennas liftgate as possible. If I had the upright of the Lolo adjusted further out (you have some options to adjust how close it sits to the vehicle ) to the back of our liftgate then I don’t think I would have to partially lower the seat.
I actually really like that because the bikes feel tucked in nicely to the vehicle with the ability to have the Lolo mounted close. All I do is drop the seat post a bit and the seat does not touch the van.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a 185 mm dropper post on my 29er. If it is extended all the way when in the the Lolo the seat can touch the back of our Toyota sienna‘s liftgate.
I think the main reason for that is because I intentionally have the upright of the Lolo leaning as close to the siennas liftgate as possible. If I had the upright of the Lolo adjusted further out (you have some options to adjust how close it sits to the vehicle ) to the back of our liftgate then I don’t think I would have to partially lower the seat.
I actually really like that because the bikes feel tucked in nicely to the vehicle with the ability to have the Lolo mounted close. All I do is drop the seat post a bit and the seat does not touch the van.
Good to know the distance the vehicle is somewhat adjustable. I will be putting whichever rack on the back of a Chrysler Pacifica.

Do you have to bungee your front wheels to stop them from spinning in the wind?

And did you get the optional light bar kit with the Lolo?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The front wheel will spin if left free, I’ve been using cable bike locks to prevent it, just an extra measure to keep honest people honest.

You can get led light strips that plug into the trailer plug for around $20 that do the same thing as their light kit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good to know the distance the vehicle is somewhat adjustable. I will be putting whichever rack on the back of a Chrysler Pacifica.

Do you have to bungee your front wheels to stop them from spinning in the wind?

And did you get the optional light bar kit with the Lolo?
the front wheels do spin if not Bungie’d.

In the pic I posted, I have some extra bungees because we were going on a couple hundred mile road trip. I’m not sure they are necessary though. on all the local rides that we’ve used the rack, I just use the handle bar and rear wheel bungee‘s that are attached to the Lolo rack and do not see the bikes move around.

I do not have the LED kit.

Another thing to mention is that for our sienna minivan I have some firestone airbag- helpers in the rear springs. I had never heard of these before but met a guy with a similar set up who recommended them for the van.
They are hooked to some tubing and a Schrader valve mounted under my rear bumper. I use a bike pump to pressurize them to 35 psi when we have the rack loaded with bikes and a bunch of other gear in the car. It is nice because it levels the load and prevents the rear of the van from sagging down.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Love our NSR.

Quick on and off. The hardware to tie down the rear wheels is just a series of simple UV resistant knotted ropes instead of rubber bungee attachments. So simple, cheap and easy to replace if worn. 7 years on and still rock solid.

No bike racks are perfect. The fork crown cradle will mar the paint off your forks if you do not apply some helicopter tape. The front wheel will spin when the vehicle is on the move so I tie it down with some twisty rubberized wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts