1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MUFC - Champions!!!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Fists of Ham
90 Posts
If you're using an actual "buckpuck" then you're right, they quote battery requirements as total forward voltage of the led + 2v for the driver. Personally, if i'd no existing investment in batteries i'd be tempted to go for 14.4v via a couple of the 7.2v 3300mAh packs here (the 3700mAh ones are the real sweet-spot as far as price/performance are concerned - but are out of stock at the moment!)

It'd also give you scope to possibly go for a triple emitter version, when the light building bug begins to bite ;)

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
I think the 9.6v is too close to the buckpuck's minimum required voltage for your setup.....as you run the battery down it will drop below 9.4v much faster than with 12v or more.

A higher mAh rating on the batteries will help your runtime. you're probably looking at not much more than an hour (at full power) from either of those batteries (assuming you're running a 1A buckpuck).

Disregard this runtime estimate....I don't think I'm doing it right at all. See post #7

JZ

·
MUFC - Champions!!!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my other oprion as I already had a load of them was to run with a 10 AA battery holder with 10x AA 2700mah rechargeables..

would this be a better option that running with RC car batteries??

·
aka RossC
936 Posts
riggsy said:
my other oprion as I already had a load of them was to run with a 10 AA battery holder with 10x AA 2700mah rechargeables..

would this be a better option that running with RC car batteries??
If you already own them... then use them to start with and if they aren't to much of a PITA, then stick with it... a heck of a lot of guys use exactly that system.

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
I think I'm screwing up your runtime calculations....I'm lost in the simple math :madman:

I just punched the numbers into this runtime calculator, and came up with ~3 hours for your 9.6v battery, and ~3.75 hours on the 10 x AA option. So it's all good, and the 9.6v pack would be a nice compact option.

(someone please correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes: )

JZ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.