Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have 4 batteries - two 60 Wh and two 30 Wh. I charged all 4 in March 2021 or so when the winter fat biking season came to an end. They were not connected to a light head or anything else.

I have not done any night riding since then.

I pulled out all 4 batteries last week and noticed that 3 were fully charged. The fourth, which is one of the 60 Wh batteries, was down to 1 of 5 lights on the built in power meter. I charged it and it has since remained at 5 lights for about a week now.

I can exchange this one battery right now if I wish under warranty. Do you think I should? I assume this is not a good thing, but is it a sign of worse things to come? I don't want to exchange it unless this is a sign it is defective.

Thanks.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
6,642 Posts
Thanks. It's not odd though that the other 3 stayed fully charged?
Eh, not really. There are a lot of variables that can affect it. Age of the cells, temps stored, any parasitic drain, etc. You could send the manufacturer a note and see if they've got concerns enough to warranty them. But in general, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
If it’s available or on the net, check the manual for the equipment the battery is used with or the battery itself. There may or may not be battery storage directions. Most likely nothing will be found.

I have had mixed results with generic battery storage info from the net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.