Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the trail conditions at Batchelor/Earl's? I rode Sawmill last weekend and it was mostly foot-printed snow and ice. The snow was firm enough to ride on (fatbike) but the footprints were so bumpy to render it un-rideable. I imagine the entrances to Batch/Earls would be similar; wonder how things are deeper in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
earls still needs time. Upper trails still have snow. lower trails some are good enough to ride. few spots have good amount of mud. prolly by next week if the weather stays up in the 50's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went there last Saturday and barely even attempted to ride. I ended up walking the bike a lotLots of snow and layers of ice from the snow melt left on the trails. I am going to try to go out there either today or tomorrow. I recently moved here from Maine about a year and a half ago, and I ride alone all the time because I haven't found people to go. I'd love to meet a group to ride with.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you tryed earls last saturday or batch?? Chicopee state park isn't bad for flowy xc. not very technical but there are a few logs to ride. your riding today?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went over to earls trails last Saturday and it was practically all snow on lower end, I didnt do a thorough look through but it was enough snow, water, mud, ice for me to not even try. I am going to try going over to earls tomorrow possibly and seeing the conditions now. it seems as though things have dried up a little, and we also got lots of heavy rain which could have eliminated the extra snow/ice.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i saw people at batch st the last few days. Don't know how clear that is but its really rocky so it should drain well. Also heard chicopee is pretty dry as of yesterday heard there are debri down on the trail so there is some need of clean up out there.. may try out one of them today to see how conditions are coming along. haven't exercised much this winter so i gotta get my butt in gear for this year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
keep me updated, ill keep posting on what i find out as well. I am going crazy i want to go so bad... this winter has been killing me

·
Registered
354 Posts
ha. yup it has. got about 7 miles on my new bike lol. but its only a week old so. I see your in the northampton area. I do alot of riding out here as i work out here

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya we could meet up sometime, i ride alone often and quite frankly its quite dangerous. I want to ride in b-street but have been afraid that if i happened to get seriously hurt on technical areas then i would be screwed. Saw your new bike, thats the bike i was going to purchase this year but I went with a used on off of pinbike.com. 2013 Giant Trance 1 29er. How do u like your 29er? First time I've used one.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i love it. So different than my santa cruz 26". 29ers are like climbing machines! and go over debri so much better. Love the clutched derailleur. and the new version of the rockshox revelation! yeah deff. I have rode batch many times by myself but i have ridden it many times and i have hurt myself while being alone out there. I was thinking of heading there today to check out the conditions and maybe put down a few miles.. i still haven't found and rode all the trails at batch as there are so many i either don't have enough time in the day or i run out of energy. it can be a fun kind of technical.

·
Registered
354 Posts
im not very fast but yea we will deffineatly have to get together. I can show you around some time as long as you dont mind someone that is kinda slow and outa shape. Haven't been prepping for riding of winter lol.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i added you as a friend on mtbr. Yeah ill try and get some plans rolling. Maybe i can get someone else to come with us make it a small group ride.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Check batch out today I would say 90% of Rollercoaster is good. Some soft spots and some mud where people decided to mud boy the trail instead of walking your bike around. Tested my new stumpjumper and broke it in the same day. Rear free hub pawpaw are shot after 8 miles on the bike. Sigh back to the bike shop it goes. Hope I get a demo

1 - 20 of 87 Posts