Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'll be staying near Bass Lake, CA soon and am wondering if you have any recommendations for solid mtb trails in the area, both for advanced riders and for less experienced kids (11-16).

Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Oh and for the young un's all of shut eye, the 007's, willow creek and goat mountain are to some degree shuttleable, because if they're like most youngsters they probably like riding downhill. The bike shop in Oakhurst (sorry I forgot the name) has maps and I think they even run a shuttle. For me (an old person who likes riding uphill) the top of shuteye via the 007's and back takes around 5 hours and is my favorite ride in the area. Most moderately competent 11 year olds could make it down the bottom 007 and have fun probably in about the time it would take the car to get back to the bottom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Donutnational, we were planning on doing about a 4 hour ride (due to other priorities) and haven't decided on the exact trail but would ultimately like to reach the peak of shuteye. Do you have a recommendation on whereabouts we could start for an out-and-back trail? We don't mind the climb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
352 Posts
Start from Whiskers campground. If you could swing it leave one car at the very bottom and ride to the top from whiskers and all the way down and retrieve the car. Otherwise just start and end from the Whiskers campground, it might be a little shorter than 4 hours depending on everything.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Tony, was that on Sunday Oct. 12th?, because there was no snow as of Saturday. And if so do you know how about much it snowed. From my house it looks like there's no snow on Shut eye and I was thnking of going up to the mountains this Friday. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts