Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
loopy counter
872 Posts
I'd think you'd be okay parking overnight there. Alternatives: There's a campground at the base of Goat Mountain, not too far away. Or probably park at the USFS in North Fork, a little farther away. Suggest making some calls. Event better visit the bike shop in Oakhurst and ask for the latest updates/trail status.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh man I wish I saw those maps before I went up there! I didn't realize 007 started all the way up where it does...I rode the fire roads right past there to the start shown on mtbproject (about halfway down).

Lower half is super fun! Kinda dusty in parts but man so much awesomer than the blown out sand of fort ord I usually ride.

How does blind squirrel connect back into the road network? I considered going down goat but didn't have a sense of what getting back towards 007 was like so just rode the road down.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Blind Squirrel connects back up with central camp above the 4th section of 007. 4th is littered with trees. Had snow up there until recently. There are 2 different trail options down the 3rd section that are both awesome. Then there is the 2nd section with the long rock garden and the bottom one which is the longest.

Hit me up for some routes next time you go up there. There is so much more to ride besides 007 also. MJ/Willow is all time stuff. Then on the other side you have goat mtn and spring cove for flowing tight singletrack.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I will! Not likely soon since I don't get too many chances to head out that way. I rode MJ/Willow last time and yeah...it was excellent!

Someday I want to link all the good downs with a mega loop, no shuttles kinda ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.