Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for a watch to use when moutain biking that meets the criteria below, I don't give a damn about any other features.

Having trouble finding one, any suggestions?

1) Needs to pair with high quality chest strap like polar H7/H10/Wahoo Tickr
2) Need to be able to program intervals, and have an AUDIBLE (not VIBRATE only) warning
3) Needs to let me see my HR as I exercise and ideally record it
4) Ideally not cost an arm and a leg, but am willing to pay for the right device
5) Not gigantic, and not Apple

I'm still using an old Polar s710i with H7 strap, which actually does everything I want but I've always found these watches to give crazy flaky readings, too often for my liking.

thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can research such devices on DCRainmakers excellent sports' tech review website.
thanks for the reply, I did actually use that site to choose and purchase one in the past. Suunto Spartan something.

Ended up hating it, optical sensor didn't work unless super tight on wrist, it kept switching between optical and chest strap, couldn't feel vibrate on intervals. If I'd gone up one level I could have gotten an audible alarm version but the one I got was already very expensive.

So I thought I'd try here and see what most are using these days for basic HRM matching criteria above.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.