Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a Race Face Bashguard for use on my Sugar. I'm sick of scraping chainring teeth on all the log crossings I encounter.

Checking out Cambria's website, they carry the bashguard in 4-bolt 104mm/34T max, 5-bolt 94mm/34T max, 5-bolt 110mm/36T max. I've got a Bontrager Race 44/32/22 crankset. It's a 4 bolt spider. I measure the bolt to bolt distance and got, I think 70 or 80mm, nothing close to the 104mm Cambria is offering.

What size of bashguard do I need to look for? How are bashguards sized?

If anyone has experience putting a Race Face bashguard on a similar set of Bontrager Cranks, please let me know of any comments/lessons learned you have from the experience.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The BCD is measured from the center of a bolt hole to center of the opposite bolt hole. Your four bolt crankset is 104. The bash ring you are looking at will replace the bing chain ring. So, 34T means that the bash ring will protect up to a 34 tooth middle chain ring. If you want to keep your big ring, then you will have to look at something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.