Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ditching my 3rd chainring on my mountain bike's Shimano SLX crankset and adding a BBG's Superlight bashguard over my 36t chainring. On his site it says "You will need shorter bolts or washers with Superlights because they are only 1/16 inch thick." Does any one know where I can buy the right sized chainbolts for this change? I was told single speed chainbolts would work but that doesn't seem right... ? :confused:

Also for my other road bike, I want to ADD a bashguard on top of my 3rd chainring so I can stop snagging my pants on the chainring. Does anyone know where to purchase longer chainbolts for this change?

·
Registered
757 Posts
SS chain bolts for the first question. Most LBS will have them.

I have never seen the longer ones at LBS so you may need to order online.

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation on the SS bolts for the 3rd ring removal.

For the addition to the 3rd ring, I'll keep looking for longer chainring bolts online. I was thinking about it, in this scenario, I'll probably need a spacer of some type too right? Like a washer between the chainring and the bash guard? Otherwise I don't see how the chain will be able to seat properly with a plate stuck up against the teeth. :skep:

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
i know there are extra long bolts meant to work with thicker bashes, you may want to look there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts