Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!

I just got an E.13 Supercharger Bashguard. The instructions say that you should not use Petroleum based lubes.

I use exclusively ATF. :D

So, I have to go for a wax based lube.

Do you have troubles with wax based lubes in wet weather?? We're about to get some and then more.

Or do you use something not wax based like teflon which is supposed to be inert and not to damage anything??

Can I still use ATF?? :D Synth one?? :D

Thanks for the suggestions!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
i forget the name but we got it at work, use it sometimes on the race cars. its like a powder looking stuff but when you apply friction it instantly becomes liquid. it coats very well and doesnt wear down. it expensive but ill get back to you on the name. as far as my bike i just use white lightning self cleaning wax lube

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I use Finish Like Dry teflon lube. It's supposed to be a dry weather lube, but it does OK in wet too. You'll need to reapply it more often if its wet, but it gets the jub done. I've used it for years with a Supercharger with no problems.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
full_circle said:
i forget the name but we got it at work, use it sometimes on the race cars. its like a powder looking stuff but when you apply friction it instantly becomes liquid.
Sounds like graphite or moly based stuff... Should be good.

I try to get a hold of the White Lightning. I have an empty bottle from a friend who bought it here, so it should be available somewhere over here.

HAB... I'll try the Finish Line... I can get it here quite easily.

Thanks guys!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I hate e13 stuff for that reason. Finding a lube that actually works and doesn't dissolve their chainguide rollers is a Sisyphean task. I use a Saint bashguard (which weighs about 1/3 what the e13 does) and a MRP roller (which resists all chainlubes) with my e13 DRS arm.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
i have the new white lightning (blue) and so far its been pretty decent. has held up very well on some moist singletrack that takes me in/out of a stream.

used pedro's ice wax with good results too. depends on how wet you really get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.