Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is running bashguards on their MKIIIs? e-13, shimano?

What brands have you had success with and anything to look out for on installation?

Since crashing and destroying the rear wheel (stock) on my MKII upgradeitis is a BEYATCH!

And I think I might have used my big ring once, so time to fug around.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
baycat said:
anyone running only single ring? I have toyed around with the idea of doing 1x9 to make myself that much better of a rider and climber.
Ryan,

next time you get that shoulder checked - ask the Dr. to also check your head! I think you are also going coo-coo ;)

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
baycat said:
anyone running only single ring? I have toyed around with the idea of doing 1x9 to make myself that much better of a rider and climber (or at least pretend to be!)
My friend Brian who owns the shop, rolls with a single ring on his MKIII and kills.

·
new and improved
398 Posts
baycat said:
Who is running bashguards on their MKIIIs? e-13, shimano?

What brands have you had success with and anything to look out for on installation?

Since crashing and destroying the rear wheel (stock) on my MKII upgradeitis is a BEYATCH!

And I think I might have used my big ring once, so time to fug around.
I'm running a E13 36-tooth supercharger, and run 36/24 for rings. IMO, on places where I've slammed the bashguard, the lexan tends to 'slip' over the rocks and other obstacles better than my old aluminum raceface bashring did, which in general got hung-up more. Since 'hung-up' on steep, rocky chutes usually translates into me flying off my bike, I consider the plastic bashring a big improvement. Light, strong, cheap (~$30), and I have never missed the big ring. Only advice on installation is: follow the directions and don't overtighten the bolts.

Peas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.