Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Devil Mtn
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put an outboard bashguard on my Kona Explosif. I have a Rohloff speedhub, so need to use the big (44t) ring as my only ring. Is it possible to do that and if so, what bash guards will work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
reklar said:
I'd like to put an outboard bashguard on my Kona Explosif. I have a Rohloff speedhub, so need to use the big (44t) ring as my only ring. Is it possible to do that and if so, what bash guards will work?
I make those as well, 44t ring shown here. Includes XL chainring nuts and bolts, but you probably don't need them if it's your only chainring. It's probably best if you can run the ring in the middle position if you're not already.

Attachments

·
Devil Mtn
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heim said:
I make those as well, 44t ring shown here. Includes XL chainring nuts and bolts, but you probably don't need them if it's your only chainring. It's probably best if you can run the ring in the middle position if you're not already.
Unfortunately due to the chainline required by the hub, i need to have the big ring in its natural (outer) position. Will your bash ring (or any other) even fit outboard with a chainring in the outer position? Why do you say it would be best in the middle position?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.