Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just got my son a Specialized hotrocks A1 for christmas . I want to take off the big ring ( 42 t) and put on bash guard. The crank set is Truvativ ISO-Flow 3.0 with replaceable rings. Any suggestion what bash guard ( 32) will fit this crank set?

He loves riding over logs, rocks etc

Thanks

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The BBG bashguard is the way to go, $12.00. Its much lighter than most guards other than carbon & they will be at least $100.00. This will shave approx. 30 grams off the bikes weight as well.Don't forget to shorten the chain once you remove the big ring 42T.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just ordered mine from bbgbashguard.com

And it arrived in 2 days. Very nice outfit - makes quality items at a great price.

Removed my LX 44 tooth chainring (80g) and put on their 58g 32t protector (mine weighed 60g). I only lost 20g - but for $12 how can you go wrong.

You might also consider the superlight (same thing, just thinner). Or, go for an inner ring and outer ring and get rid of the front derailleur.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
scottb32 said:
And it arrived in 2 days. Very nice outfit - makes quality items at a great price.

Removed my LX 44 tooth chainring (80g) and put on their 58g 32t protector (mine weighed 60g). I only lost 20g - but for $12 how can you go wrong.

You might also consider the superlight (same thing, just thinner). Or, go for an inner ring and outer ring and get rid of the front derailleur.
I would not consider the superlite,he is riding logs & rocks.I've tried the superlite & it is a chain guide only, bends very easy.He needs the chain guard.I'm suprised your LX 44T only weighed 80 grams, my XTR 44T weighed 85 grams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.