Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh no, there is still room to bring back 24” rear wheels. 2023, the year when manufacturers introduce new better balanced bikes with the same sized wheels front and rear.
how else can you make the chainstay short, the head angle 60, the suspension 220mm F/R, AND still fit the motor, maybe two?

(double derail and its my own thread but couldn’t resist)

·
Premium Member
6,128 Posts
how else can you make the chainstay short, the head angle 60, the suspension 220mm F/R, AND still fit the motor, maybe two?

(double derail and its my own thread but couldn’t resist)
Duh, use an URT! :p

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
My 5 cents. You need equal or more front travel.

If if you think only 130 at the front is required then change bike to 130,130.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Try it I guess, though look for a cheapo used wheel, or even one you can borrow off someone rather than mucking around rebuilding your own wheel for an experiment.

I don't think there's and golden rule why you shouldn't have more travel in the back than the front, we debated it one night after a few too many beers and a friend was convinced it made sense as you can easily lift your front wheel over stuff but tend to smash the rear wheel into things. Funnily enough he sold his FS not long after that conversation and now rides a hardtail, so he kinda went the total opposite. Personally I can't imagine it, my last two bikes have been f/r 150/130 27.5 and 150/135 29er, plus a hardtail, and I really enjoy the feel of having more in the front than the back.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts