Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what base two training exercises are u guys/gals doing? started my recovery base 1 week and am trying to put together my workouts for base two. Mostly due to living in the NE it will be on the trainer...:prft:

btw, I should add my base 1 consisted of 3 two hour zone 2/3 rides, w/ sprints on the hour, one 1.5 hr medium hill climb, two weight sessions w/ 50 min high cadence spins afterwards. All rides included a lot of 1 leg drills...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mtbcoach, thanks for the input.

What do you mean increase recovery?

At this point I take one day off (usually work 12 hours that day). My weight days are usually my recovery days too in that I only spin fast (cadence 95 +) but easily for only 50 mins. Should I recover more than that?

·
Registered
104 Posts
bellullabob said:
Mtbcoach, thanks for the input.

What do you mean increase recovery?

At this point I take one day off (usually work 12 hours that day). My weight days are usually my recovery days too in that I only spin fast (cadence 95 +) but easily for only 50 mins. Should I recover more than that?
Sorry about that. I should have said increase the rest time. In stead of spinning or weights, do nothing. Of course, only if you feel you are too tired. Having bad nights sleep or an elevated resting heart rate is a indication of needing more rest.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats great. Thx.:thumbsup: To summarize, you are recommending that though the intensity and duration of my rides are going to go up, by taking more days off, the volume will actually go down?!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The volume is time on the bike. By adding more time in the saddle your volume will increase. The amount of rest you need really depends on your fitness. I tend to recommend resting (no workout) if you feel tired or sore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.