Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 08 STP and its totally unmolested. I'm super new to the whole Street/DJ scene and want to set my ride up for barspins. Whats the best way to go about this. All the videos I've seen it basically looks like people tend to run SS and rear brakes with a long cable. Can I keep my 8spds(will probably lose them later, but am having seperation anxiety) and run a front and rear brake all while being barspin friendly? Any and all advice would really help out.
Thanks

·
The Beaver
1,153 Posts
route the front brake cable through the steertube and run extra long rear brake/shifter cables.

going SS and losing the front brake will make things less cluttered and thus help to reduce the friction and make bar-spins easier.

·
Pro Crastinator
12,018 Posts
on my slopestyle bike, just run long, same length hose and cable. i just bind the two together and it helps keep the derailleur cable from kinking...

my dj bike is a bmx, so i think it's pretty obvious how i avoided the problem there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.