Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
... I guess you won't be
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm struggling w/ my handlebar setup....I started off w/ an EA70 alu, then a monkeylight riser carbon [piece of trash], and now a Salsa Moto Ace DH riser bar - 2" rise w/ a whopping 13 degree backsweep. But, I still cant get over the feeling as if my grips are "drooping" - no matter how I swivel the bars in the stem it feels droopy [that goes for the previous bars as well]

In each of these handlebars, I've sought out more and more backsweep, but now I'm thinking I'd like the bar to angle upwards as well as sweep backwards.....I know OnOne has some bizarro backsweepers, but I'm wondering if any of you have been bio-mechanically challenged w/ your handlebars.....FYI, I'm using older 9-speed xt pods for shifters so that's a consideration too.....

Any handlebar "eureka" ideas out there?

·
ride
5,275 Posts
The OnOne Fleagle bar is pretty good. It's got a funky bend in it but it's there so you can have a good sweep (14 degrees) without the bars being too far back. It's a flat bar, so to speak, but feels pretty good angled up. It is super wide, too, so it's good for leverage. I've got one on an SS but would probably cut it down for an everyday geared bike.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
if you can find a old azonic A1097 2" rise d/h bar like i have on my 6" rfx spec. it might work well. has a ass ton of sweep and plenty of angle options. might be tough to score as its a 6 or 7 year old model.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Enel said:
I've got one on my single speed, and love it. I've been damn tempted to try it on the spot, except for one thing. When jumping, I have a bad tendency to pull on my left side a bit harder, and therefore have to be careful to not over do it when landing. The Mary bar on my SS exaggerates this effect, and I'm afraid I might endo. They rock for climbing though.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
you could always use the current bars, but with a slightly shorter stem, then rotate the bars a bit more forward; you should be able to get the upward sweep you want then, but still have the bars in the rights spot for you.

not sure how much it would really work, but just a thought.

·
... I guess you won't be
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great suggestions, but I have one suspicious question left - do you believe it's possible for an aluminum bar to "sag" over time and become droopy, even if it's a heavy duty bar that is only a few years old and not abused on?

Everything sags [except for Pam Anderson...], but has anyone ever noticed this phenomenon, or am I just crazy?

I'm guessin' crazy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.