Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done quite a bit of searching on the internet and on mtbr, but I can't seem to find much info on barracuda bikes. I know they started up in the 90's, then went bust a few years later. I'm looking into getting a 1996 A2M, and it seems like a REALLY nice bike for cheap (160), but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these bikes.

Also, anyone know how much a 96 A2M cost new? (I know that's reaching pretty far, but someone might know)

Ben

·
Registered
148 Posts
pawing thru my old magazines reveals that the 95 A2M with LX/STX stuff was $850. the 96 with XT group was $900. Both were 7005 DB aluminum, rigid front forks, Sun rims. thats the best i can do, maybe someone who owned one or sold them can offer more. hope this helped.

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
I remember they were decent, mid-level bikes. $160 seems like a decent price if it is in good shape, although maybe you could offer a bit less if it has a rigid fork.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its got a rockshox quadra 21 with fresh elastomers on it...not bad...not good....

all in all, it seems like a sturdy bike that'll last me a while (LX components, STX brakes--i'm not too worried about weight at this point), I'm just wondering about the reputation of the company.

·
Registered
267 Posts
my first non kmart MTB was a baracudda. I loved that thing like a brother till my dad ran it over cause the dumbass backed onto the lawn. it was probly the same bike cause it cost 825 with a rockshock something or other on the front.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
big_b said:
I've done quite a bit of searching on the internet and on mtbr, but I can't seem to find much info on barracuda bikes. I know they started up in the 90's, then went bust a few years later. I'm looking into getting a 1996 A2M, and it seems like a REALLY nice bike for cheap (160), but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these bikes.

Also, anyone know how much a 96 A2M cost new? (I know that's reaching pretty far, but someone might know)

Ben
My GF had one, way back. She loved it because she was short & it fit her.

Seemed like a very good bike- I think you'd be ok getting it, as long as it's not cracked.

fp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.