Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all of you Barracuda enthusiasts out there - I have a question.

I have a purple/white Barracuda frame with Shimano Deore XT components, Marzocchi Bomber Z2 shocks and would like to sell it. I know there are some hardcore Barracuda fans out there and I have researched the prices on the other components so I would like to get everyone's opinion on what is a fair asking price.

I am still hesitant to sell the bike as my husband, who has since passed away, was so excited about this bike and building it up. I have ridden it and it is, from my inexperienced view, a wonderfully fun bike to ride on the trails. It is a smaller frame and needs some TLC (just needs to be cleaned up, but doesn't have any dents).

The bike has not been ridden in years and needs someone who will give it the TLC it deserves.

Thank you for any help or advise you can give.

:)

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Valuation is tough. You'll get many different answers here.

My suggestion is multifaceted. First, check "completed listings" on eBay. If you see stuff similar, you'll get an idea of what it's worth.

Second, just list it on eBay for an opening bid of $150 and let it go. The open market will tell you what it was worth, today.

Used bikes have varied values, but this one, to my knowledge is not super rare, or highly sought after. I didn't say it's bad, but it is a production bike. So, getting more than $500 or so for a used XT based bike would be considered pretty darn good.

If it's dripping with super rare, desirable CNC anodized jewelry, all from highly respected makers that have since moved on, it would be worth parting it out for maximum value.

Selling a bike whole, will never get you as much as parting out.

If the bike has personal value due to memories sake, keep it, and ride it from time to time. If not, off load it.

You can buy a want ad here for $2, see the classifieds. Post a link to the paid ad here. Otherwise, do as much research as you feel like doing, and list it on CL or eBay and move it down the road. And please do read the stickies, posting bikes here for sale without an ad is a no no, though I'm sure you weren't fishing for a sale, many here may view it that way.

Sorry for your loss, perhaps you can find a charitable cause to donate it to, needy kid, aspiring local young racer, something.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.