Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...a little background. Yesterday was my birthday, yippee for me. I had to go to the Big V HQ to pick a few other frames, so I might as well grab me a chucho while I was out there. :p
The El Capitan I was grabbing for a customer had gone with a customer purple. And when I had a pile of color samples in the shop I fell in lust with a sparkle blue/purple myself.
I have to say, I am VERY pleased with my color choice, no matter how much ribbing I got from the peanut gallery at HQ!:cool: The funniest quote, and there were many!, was from one of the workers who upon seeing me holding my new purple goodness said something to the affect of, "Good. Now get Barney and Barney's brother the *%&# out of the shop!" All in good just I'm sure....:confused: :D Anyway, it was more his delivery of the sentence than anything.

So I guess you're all dying for pictures so I'll post up a few of my frame. Teh El Cap. should be coming back through the shop in teh next day or so and I'll grab pics then. I got it back to the shop and built it straight out for the guy and we went night riding last night...for my birthday.
Another good story about that...but I'll do another thread for that later. I just wanted to get a few pics posted.

Attachments

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D-Rock said:
How in the hell did you get Teresa to pc a purple frame?

D.
I've got dirt on her.....so she does what I want..or else I come on here and spill the beans. ;-p

hehehe....no just kidding. I think she allowed this as I built a bunch of the demo's in a rush job for Interbike this year. So I guess it was payback. Oh yeah, and I paid greenbacks for it too, but how could I not go for the truly one-of-a-kind PC.

I'm stoked how different this bike looks from different vantage points. There's like three powder jobs in one from dark blue sparkle, to pinky sparkles, to goldish sparkles too.

Now...can't wait to get the fork, build up a front wheel and get this thing dirty. Hopefully by next weekend if I have time to get it all together.

·
So is your face
569 Posts
Those sparkles are crazy. I love how they all show up so prominently in the sun.

Now all you need to finish Barney is a bunch of green Chris King parts. Or you could always go for the My Little Pony theme and choose pink. :p

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
UH, nice frame! ?!?!

Wow, Myke, I know you wanted something different. but wow! :)

And I need one guess as to who made the Barney comment! LOL! :D

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Cool.......of course from what I've seen anyway the standard and custom pc jobs from Ventana look waaay better in person ! :thumbsup: TIG.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ciclistagonzo said:
UH, nice frame! ?!?!

Wow, Myke, I know you wanted something different. but wow! :)

And I need one guess as to who made the Barney comment! LOL! :D

Yeah, wasn't the Hot Pink I almost went with. hehe I'm seriously diggen it though. Can't wait to get her built up and get some dirt on er.

And if your guess starts with an 'R' and ends in an 'T' then you are correct sir!

Hey, we're going to go to Auburn early-ish Sunday morning and play in the snow, if you wanna join! Probably a 28mile ride....ugh....in the cold....brrr.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Internal14 said:
And if your guess starts with an 'R' and ends in an 'T' then you are correct sir!
LOL!!!! Yeah, “Barney” appeared somewhere in the middle of a verbal rant.

·
Wuss extraordinare
244 Posts
If that isn't the most "happy" frame I've hever seen, and by happy I mean YAY! I don't know what is, but that's ok, I'm sure Sean will get a woody over it! Great to see you tonight!

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
albino rhino said:
Great to see you tonight!

Good friends....good pizza....Newcastle sold in the Liter sizes....all good!

Thanks for making the trek out.:thumbsup:

Sunday. Auburn. Snow. Bike ride. Be there! 9:30 at the bottom.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Hey Myke, thanks for the invite.. Promised a few folks (little ones) that I'd take 'em out shopping for their mom tomorrow, so I've got an early curfew, otherwise, I'd be all over that snow ride. Have fun, and enjoy the new toy!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow Mike, if you get lost on an epic ride in the forest you can use the frame to flash a distress signal!!!....And people think it's cool to have a beer opener built into the back drop outs, they know nothing, nothing....
Freeze any extremities off Sunday? Took a ride down here in the valley, got cold and wet.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Damn that is one fine paint job. It must be THICK to make those weld details disappear like that. Seeing all that sparkle almost makes me wish I had gotten the Low Rider Green..but I couldn't be happier with the Grinch Green.

I second the addition of green components.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, after almost three weeks of an excrutiatingly long wait, I finally have Barney built up and ready to go. Finished building the front wheel this morning and slapped it on and went for a quick spin around town. I was worried the 110mm stem was going to be a tad short, but with the longer top tube of the 21" I'm sitten pretty. :p

Now the only problem is 1: I'm at work and can't post pictures from the shop computer and
2: My trucks transmission went out last Monday and it's going to be another week at least until I get it back. No mode of transportation for me. Commuting in this cold/rain is getting old already...Gah!! At least I bought the Chucho when I did cause I don't know if I would've been given clearance for a new bike after spending $3K+ on the tranny.
Hopefully someone will take pity on me and pick me up and take me for a ride this Monday.:madman:

21" El Chucho, Quad Bearing, Heavy Duty Swingarm, RP23, magic purple dust.
RockShox Reba Team 29er
XT shifters
Hope Pro Mini brakeset
Hope ProII hubs(gold) with Stans rims.
Hope Headset, gold
XTR cranks
XTR rear der.
XTR frt. der.
XTR chain
XT 11-34 cassette
Time XS pedals
Thomson Seatpost, silver
Thomson X4 Stem, silver
WTB Rocket V Ti saddle
Hope seatpost QR, gold
Kenda Carter Excavador 2.35 rear tire
Panaracer Rampage 2.35 frt. tire
No Tubes liquid/valves
Easton Monkeylite bars carbon 1" rise.
ODI Ruffian Lock-On, gold
Nokon der housing links, gold

Weight: 28.7lbs pretty happy about that! Only 2lbs heavier than my El Saltamontes but waaay burlier

I'll get some pictures up in a day or two. Must get rid of the house guests Sunday afternoon, then I'll have a few of my own minutes in front of the computer at home to throw up some photo's of the build.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts