Brakeset: BB7/SD7 SL levers/ G2 Cleansweeps 160mm

Drivetrain: White Industries VBC 172.5 34T chainring with bash
YBN 7 speed/Fireeye 18T
Eggbeaters

Weight: 25 lbs

·
Registered
655 Posts
I like the brake placement between the stays on the On One frames, especially with horizontal DOs. The braking force levers the axle perpendicular/upwards instead of backwards out of the DOs, like traditional disc calipers are prone to do. Great design, I wonder why they are the only ones who do it...

Personally, I don't care for that purple color though. Just IMO.

·
Registered
161 Posts
PoisonDartFrog said:
I like the brake placement between the stays on the On One frames, especially with horizontal DOs. The braking force levers the axle perpendicular/upwards instead of backwards out of the DOs, like traditional disc calipers are prone to do. Great design, I wonder why they are the only ones who do it...
It looks neat, but if you use BB7's (or other cable calipers) there might not be clearance for full adjustment travel in the mounts, the caliper arm can hit the seat stay when adjusted fully backwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your comments one and all.

This is my first steel, first 29 and first SS and first alt bar. And Im loving it so far.

umarth- because I love fat tires. Besides I already have a road bike..

cockroach/poisondartfrog- there was a lot of noise here in MTBR and elsewhere about not being able to fit 160mm rotors on BB7s. I never experienced such issue on installation and positioning. As for the color, next bike ill try to get something closer to the color of that poisondartfrog. With wart spots if i can manage. :eekster: :crazy:

Vodoochild- I know next to nothing on chainline alignment- should i move the cog a notch closer to the hub or closer to the dropout.

Gracias amigos!

·
Registered
737 Posts
LonsiXCI said:
I know next to nothing on chainline alignment- should i move the cog a notch closer to the hub or closer to the dropout.

Gracias amigos!
It looks to me as if you need to move the sprocket out from the centreline (ie - away from the spokes). Swap the large spacer on the outside with the two on the inside and see if that's enough - if not, move the small one to the inside as well.

·
openwound
580 Posts
Andy R said:
It looks to me as if you need to move the sprocket out from the centreline (ie - away from the spokes). Swap the large spacer on the outside with the two on the inside and see if that's enough - if not, move the small one to the inside as well.
^try this

Take a look at your second photo. Sight down the chain from the rear sprocket to the front chain ring. You can see the chain sorta meander off toward the right, away from the bike. That line should be straight.

·
Registered
459 Posts
PoisonDartFrog said:

Personally, I don't care for that purple color though. Just IMO.
my one friend got a jamis with the caliper also positioned that way and i always wondered why, thanks for the explanation, i also wondered why my jamis wasnt like that, along with many other things like why does his "mountain bike" have 1.5" or smaller tires?

when i remember the model ill post it here

edit: found it

its the allegro 1x and its a "city bike" http://***************/city-bikes/jamis/2010-jamis/jamis-allegro-1x-city-bike/ idk if you are able to tell that the caliper is between the stays but it is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those bars will come off as soon as the Misfit Fubars get in the mail in a few days. Except for the frame and fork which I got from a local distributor, as well as the tires and hubs, almost everything else is from ebay and shipped here. Im in Manila, Philippines.

·
Did I catch a niner+?
2,957 Posts
They are not the only ones who do that brake setup, a few others do which I cannot name off the top of my head but Salsa. But not on all their frames just the Fargo and Vaya so reduce issues of the brake hitting a rear rack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts