Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was the kickoff for the resumption of the weekly barney rides. We split it up into 2 rides. 5 to 6 was beginner-easy, and 6 to whenever was intermediate-easy.

4 showed up for the easy, and 3 of them just wanted to hang and get a warm up for the longer ride. And why not? It was a beautiful, beautiful evening.

The harder ride, we rode across the face of MR, up the dirt road past the police shooting range, ran into the Earthpig group for the second time, they passed us, (big surprise), and we cut down the ravine to 3 Bears, hooked into Shanes, took it to the top, then down the counterclockwise route, down Bucks, past tons of grinning folks out on fat tires, down the face, and back to the MR parking area.

First shot happened 2 minutes into the ride where Bobby broke a chain. We call it an in-action shot. The second was taken of the old doof and jarrod at the intersection mentioned on the sign. Great night, and a good start to the weekly barneys.:thumbsup: :p :D

CDB

Attachments

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Holy crap am I a sad sorry ****. Apparently this mofo didn't ride nearly as much as he should have this winter. I was doing fine going up onto Eagle Ridge, but when I started to climb up Ridgecrest that's when I was really hurting. Ouch. After that it was pretty cake. Rode up Central and then dropped down Bucktail and just cruised on Central for a bit when off in the distance I THINK I saw Mariah and Jack and someone else (Eli maybe?). They were on Mtn. Cove Trail so I thought I was gonna be able to catch 'em when I dropped down. Boy was I wrong. Jack and Mariah were just hauling ass. I saw them climbing up Ridgecrest and just threw in the towel. Headed back down Mtn. Cove Trail and then back to the car.

Did see a handful of MTBR'ers out there.....

I *think* that was Al in the dog **** ponds. I called out a couple of times, but I think he had his hands full with the two dogs.

Yup....got passed by Geoff too. He and his compadres were hauling ass.

Jack and Mariah.

Somewhere CBro was out there.

---------

OK rant time.....

[rant]

Hey you five jackasses hauling balls down Bucktail from Shane's........

Learn some effin' trail manners!!! Yield to uphill users.....slow down as you are approaching other users....call out if you are coming up from behind.....don't skid.

DUMBASSESS!!!!!!
:mad:

I saw a couple of bikers heading up Bucktail, so I stopped to let them pass. These ******* yokels didn't even stop or say anything to 'em...didn't even slow down. Just zoomed down the trail. I watched them for a bit and they continued with their ways....they passed a couple of walkers and dogs without stopping. Folks that were coming up the trail both on foot and bike got off the trail as they were coming down. Again it did not appear they even bothered to slow down. Ugh.

At the end of Bucktail I spoke with a couple who was out with their three dogs....the pack of five riders had worked their way up to the top of Central Ridge. I asked them if they called out to 'em as they approached 'em and they said "no" and that they didn't even slow down. They sounded pretty disgusted with 'em. I just shook my head and called the riders in question "*******s". If I ever see 'em out there again (one of them is a regular customer in our store), I'm "accidentely" gonna clip one of their handlebars.....

[/rant]

·
Registered
292 Posts
Tonight was the first time I have ridden right after work in several years. My god it was crazy out there! Like insects buzzing all over the foothills. Most of the riders I encountered had no trail etiquette at all. Not yielding to uphill riders or pedestrians. I didn’t yield to one guy while I was climbing and he just came bombing down and almost hit me. I gave him a “friendly” push as he went past me off to the side of the trail. His buddy barely slowed and went way off trail to go around us. I could not believe the number of other riders who had no idea about etiquette. I need to stick to riding at night now that the weather is getting warmer. Mmmmm night rides!!

Nick you were 2/3 right no Eli it was a buddy of mine from work. “Hauling ass” Hah, I felt slow up and down, it’s been a long winter.

Hey I am in need of a Yakima TubeTop or similar product for a bike trip I am about to take. (spring break) I don’t suppose anyone on here has one they could lend me? It’s worth a six pack of your choice of barley pop.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I thought that was you Nick, but I wasn't sure. And yes, I was busy with the dogs.

·
Barneys Unite!
748 Posts
Krapola! I was stuck at the office until after 5:30 yesterday. E-mail or PM me with the time and meeting place for the next Barneyganza.

TF

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
HackAsses

BelaySlave said:
Hey you five jackasses hauling balls down Bucktail from Shane's........Learn some effin' trail manners!!! Yield to uphill users.....slow down as you are approaching other users....call out if you are coming up from behind.....don't skid.
DUMBASSESS!!!!!!:madmax:
I had a fun time with DH'ers (not the huck type, at least they have skillz) riders last night, I rode the Zoo Zone up Freeway down Hulls.

I had to laugh at the skid idiots trying to work out there's aggression by speeding down hill then attempting to bully past me because they have rights.

It's all good, I had a great time, I saw only 2 people on my trip down Hulls. Got to hit all the booters and whoop it up.

My only complaint was the sun was low and and causing my pupils to get really small, made for more of a challenge.

Keep up the good fight and lead by example - say Hi, and maybe yell out yield the trail damnit once and awhile.

Ride on Nick!

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,980 Posts
jackstraw1 said:
Hey I am in need of a Yakima TubeTop or similar product for a bike trip I am about to take. (spring break) I don't suppose anyone on here has one they could lend me? It's worth a six pack of your choice of barley pop.
Hey Now! PM me re: Yakima Top Tube. You can use it to club the etiquette-challenged yahoos out there.

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coming down Bucks, which seems to be the trail of choice for offenders, a dude coming up rode off the trail so I could go by, and he was so proud of what he thought was trail etiquette, that I had to slow down and say, "hey, don't ride off the trail, and besides, don't yield to me, you're the one going uphill!"

CDB

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Terry! Sorry. I though you were on the spam list for the Barney rides. I'll double check my list and make sure you're on there. We did an easy one, and then a harder one, starting at 5, picking up a dood and losing another at 6, and quit just before 8pm. It was fun!

CDB

·
Registered
700 Posts
Groundhog Day

Is it just me or are we reliving the same angst on skiding, not saying hi, and yielding? "Don't ride with anger"

Now let's get back to some good spackle.

Attachments

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,980 Posts
Ah yes, springtime in the footies. Exploited by sleaveless top achieving wannabes and all around coolios, seamlessly weaving their way through the wheatgrass, which on the face of it was always a grass roots kind of fandango rip this sh!t but in fact was spun that way and orchestrated down to the last adverb what you look like when you pull your sled out of the truckbed. The result was a faux spontaneous yubba dub experience of armlength tattoos and precious new age mottos disguised as gang hand signals declaring most anything that will vouchsafe their current stand as being the nee plus ultra of ripper swank spiritual back room hand job tomfollery. There's cult aspect to all of this jive, plain and simple, and always will be so long as there are high lamas posturing in the shadows who hold truth and bear it out here and there for the benefit of the young hackers who are ten times a jhip and educated and dedicated but don't yet have the millions that gives the cachet to all that flatulent rapping.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
can you get HD with that head gear?? If so, is it in full digital dullby stereoscopic 7.1 surround sound? or does it just prevent THEM from reading/stealing your thoughts???

>>>sheep>>>

bah bah black sheep.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts