Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The course is pretty fun, or at least it was a few years ago but I've heard it is changing once again to re-route from the bomber downhill. There was also a $5 parking fee charged the last couple years, bringing the race day total to $41 dollars which is steep for an event held on public BLM lands that usually doesn't include food or beer. If you had to choose between the Coyote or Barking, Coyote wins hands down due to cost, post race swag and course design.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Sparking Biter is fun. Great course. I've raced it 2 or 3 times. Fairly flat - no real long climbs. Perfect singlespeed race course. Coyote Classic is also fun. I'd say that Barking Spider would be a good race/course to try if you've never raced before, while Coyote is a bit more challenging. As for tire choice, fast rollers suited for hardpack.

·
Look out!
862 Posts
Coyote Classic is also a national qualifier per their website. I would say if you like a faster less climbing race then go for the Barking Spider. Coyote has a few steep climbs but also some great screaming descents to go with those. Great fun either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.