Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Last week I took a few much needed days off up to the Steamboat Springs area. I camped up north of town, just outside of the Zirkel, and did a bit of Continental Divide Trail riding.

In direct opposition to the largely red and doubletracked nature of the White rim trip, the theme here was "narrow" and "green".

Here's some visibles:

Wide, Red:

Narrow, Green:

(She's right in the middle of the trail)

I did a little loop, heading north on the CDT through the burn area,and then back south along Scott's Run. It was lovely singletrack and replete with textures and flowers.

I did attempt one of those timer type shots, as I was riding alone and the stark, burned landscape needed some life in it to avoid the total Chernobyl effect.

But I quicly abandoned such frippery in favor of riding. I'm much better off behind the camera, not in front of.

A down on its luck tree indeed.

Back in the graceful embrace.

I drove back though Rocky, and was treated to spectacular climactic conditions.

And the usual cast of characters

·
pepito
640 Posts
wow. i really need to get back to colorado. new england has it's own beauty, but sheeit, we don't have mountains like that. thanks for the tuesday morning lift.

the_dude

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
What gorgeous mountains. Thanks for the spectacular views.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
wonderful! Thanks for the Passion hit!

·
abnormally aspirated
545 Posts
Beautiful! I don't make it up to the Steamboat area nearly often enough! I want to backpack in the Mt Zirkell Wilderness this year... it is incredible from what I've seen...

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
First Debaser, then Lidarman, now you. You guys are so spoiled. It seems like there's just no end to the amazing single track in CO. Beautiful pics.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sweet! Thanks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I love Columbines...

I miss columbines. It's been a while since I've seen one that wasn't potted.

Thanks.

·
Still chuggin' along
862 Posts
*rt* said:
looks like a fire breathing granny sitting in her rocking chair. :)

rt
LOL!! I thought the same thing!

Those shots look like great magazine material! Purdy!

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
goaddam anthony.

Your compositions are just getting better and better. Sure helps to have such dramatic scenery, and willing subjects!

Thanks for the hit.

·
ICORR - FORC
269 Posts
Jayzus you got some nice shots, thanks for posting! I am partial to the burnt-log-in-water shot, but they all rock. Well done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts