Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a high lumen (1600+) bar light that will last approximately 3 hours. I am assuming this would require an external battery pack.
There are multiple examples on amazon, Aliexpress etc. I would like to spend 100 or less, but am willing to spend more for quality. I would love for the package to contain good attachments for the bar and battery pack.

There is the self contained a-z thread that is up to date and very informative. Cannot find the equivalent for the longer battery life external packs high lumen set up.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I am looking for a high lumen (1600+) bar light that will last approximately 3 hours. I am assuming this would require an external battery pack.
There are multiple examples on amazon, Aliexpress etc. I would like to spend 100 or less, but am willing to spend more for quality. I would love for the package to contain good attachments for the bar and battery pack.

There is the self contained a-z thread that is up to date and very informative. Cannot find the equivalent for the longer battery life external packs high lumen set up.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Ken
Hopefully you'll get some ideas from others cause I'm not finding anything I would consider for your $100 budget. A
couple of options for around $150 would be the Magicshine MJ906 or a Ravemen PR1600 + a powerbank?

https://thesweetcyclists.com/magicshine-mj906/

If you get something from Magicshines US site try using this (15% OFF coupon code: “TheSweetCyclists” ) when you order. It has worked for me a couple of times and should save you a bit. If your considering the Ravemen you might want to wait as I see these on sale quite often and the prices I see now aren't the best.
Mole

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those interested magicshine is having a sale on that light, and with the 15 % discount the total is 108.80 shipped. I good deal I think. Looks like they have an updated version. Maybe that’s why the sale.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey Kendoc

If you haven't ordered yet, the best bang for the buck are the 2 links below. They add up to about 80 bucks! I have both and they are solid. The bar light is not 3000 lumens but it's def 1800 or so and plenty of light to ride with. It is basic so low, medium and high and a flash mode. But for this type of light, basic is better. The battery is well worth the bucks as well and will last on high for over 3 hours. The cells are quality Samsung 21700's. Hope this helps.

OBTW, you should have a helmet light as well. You can get an inexpensive but good self contained light. Use the self contained thread as you mentioned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually looked at that system. Between the light, battery pack and charger I was getting up to 80+. With the one Cree and the lack of diffuser (need to add one later if I want a flood pattern, which required me to be handy) and concerns about water proof connections I was thinking the whole magicshine system was easier/less hassle
Thanks for the suggestion though.
I did just get a ceco 1200 off Amazon per the self contained thread
Ken

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I got a secondhand Outbound Trail Edition (aka Focal Series). I think the new price is $175 at present. I like it a lot for a bar mounted flood. Run times on high may be a bit under 3 hours. Not a high-lumen blaster, but bright enough with a wide flood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.