Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some light but durable bar ends. What do you think about the Ritchey WCS?

all suggestions welcome... also what is the length most people are using and where is a good place to buy bar ends?

and should i go ergo or regular straight ones?

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ritchey WCS are heavy

around 110+gms.

Suggest Simca or KCNC barends which are close to 1/2 the Ritchey WCS weight. Extralite barend are also nice but a bit $$$ You can check ebay to purchase or there's a few posters here that may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have Smica bar ends on my race bike, which has a Control Tech scandium handlebar. I don't think they are carbon friendly design according to the Easton site, but they are extremely light.
I also have the control tech bar ends on my all day bike which has an EC70 handlebar. They look and feel fantastic, but are heavier than the smica. They're also warmer to hold in the winter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
limba said:
The ControlTech bar ends are alright. They are stubby, and weigh too much. I really like my Titec carbon 100's which feel great and are lighter. But it is tough to beat KCNC for the weight price ratio. The ControlTech ends weigh soo much I need to make sure the bolts are Ti (they should be).

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently built up my own set of barends that are extremely strong (I have crashed them twice now) and very cheap.

Specs:

68 gms ( with steel bolts, I still need to file them down some more to get them more ergonomic, I possibly could drill out some spots, so there is room for improvement)

cost me $32

They're white and ugly, but they work!

More to come when I can get pics and stuff. I could probably get them below 55gms for a pair if I really tried.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Titec Micros

I have 2 sets of Titec Micros used on my trailbike and singlespeed - still kicking after 10 years of crashing, flipping the bike upside down, etc. Wanted aluminum for crash-worthiness, and they both come in at 100g a pair with ti bolts. Used with Monkeylite bars with no problems. Saw them listed for only $18 at universalcycles - definitely a cheap alternative.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.