Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new bar bag. A couple weeks ago I picked up an All-City / Topo Designs bag from my LBS. its a nice bag but way too wide for me. I've got 42c bars and its 11" wide (280mm). Both my index and middle finger ride up on it when my hands are on the flats and its annoying.

Anyway, wondering what other people like for a bit more cargo space for gravel rides, long road rides... might end up on my MTB on some kinda epic ride too.

So far I've found the Ornot Bar Bag and Road Runner Burrito Supreme.

I'm leaning towards the Ornot (9" wide) because it has more volume. However, the Road Runner (8" wide) being a bit narrower defiantly won't get in the way of my fingers.

Any other good options I'm missing?

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any opinions on bar bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've had a Bushwhacker Durango bag (10" wide) for a few years, works for me. Good size and holds it's shape, plus it's only $22 on Amazon. They do make a few different sizes.
I guess it depends on how serious you are about your handlebar bags. You could probably spend $80 -100.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only have experience with one bag - the Ornot bag. I absolutely love it. That said, I would think you would be happy with most of the medium sized bags out there.
DWJ: What size bars do you run? I'm worried some of the wider bags might get in the way of my hands on my fairly narrow 42cm bars.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since you've already got a bag, can you use some foam spacers to put it a bit farther from the bar? Just enough to clear your fingers.
Huh. Interesting. I'll go take a look at if that might work for me. I wonder if they sell the foam spacers separately? or if I could makes some... where do you get foam like that?

I would need some longer straps too but that's not too hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.