Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
It is interesting, and I'd like a chance to demo one. A LT Prime was on my wishlist for a while now. Some aspects I like and others I'll need to warm up to.

The rear triangle looks like a Giant Reign, albeit with adjustable dropouts.
And does the trunnion mount mean the shock gets more exposed to side loads? I'm not an engineer so am genuinely asking.

Either way, they've been busy!

·
Trail Bomber
260 Posts
If someone could build this up with a 180mm front fork and a coil... and tell me how sweet it is... thanks!

·
flailer
161 Posts
I just ordered one.
XL in red, no shock.

I won't have the funds to complete the build until spring, but at least I'll have the frame. I plan to set it up with a 170mm Fox 36 with a Push ASC coil and a coil shock for the rear. My rune has this same fork (but as a 27.5) and a Fox DHX2 coil shock. It works quite well on the rune, so eager to try this combo on the titan.

540 Posts
I just ordered one.
XL in red, no shock.

I won't have the funds to complete the build until spring, but at least I'll have the frame. I plan to set it up with a 170mm Fox 36 with a Push ASC coil and a coil shock for the rear. My rune has this same fork (but as a 27.5) and a Fox DHX2 coil shock. It works quite well on the rune, so eager to try this combo on the titan.
Coil front and rear, oh my! Sounds scary fast!

·
Banshee Rush
15 Posts
Sounds awesome! A few reviews will start rolling out soon so keep an eye online. The initial production run is pretty much sold out but we are taking pre orders for the next December drop in a few months. Hopefully I will have demo going to Qld and Adelaide by then too ?
Cheers Rushy
Banshee dealer Australia
Www.rushys.com.au

·
Registered
38 Posts
Managed to bag a raw large from dirt merchant - thanks!

Just got to pin down the spec now. Thinking xt8100 group and maybe a Mezzer if I can get the 42 offset which seems rare. Will 51 not work?

Also did you do any mullet testing in development? I’m sure its best as banshee intended, but the geo does look like it could suit a 27.5 in the back in the high setting with a 170 fork.

·
Banshee Rush
15 Posts
I know the mullet set up on the paradox has some good results when the trail gets rowdy. It seems a personal thing though. Best thing is to try it out when she’s built up. Even if you know someone with a 27.5 compatible boost rear wheel you can borrow so you don’t have to lay out cash on a wheel unless you like it 👌 (PS the raw is an awesome choice !)

·
flailer
161 Posts
My raw large (lol - sounds a little raunchy) Titan frame is also coming form dirt merchant. Evan is super easy going and patient with fools like me who struggle with making up one's mind.

At any rate, my build plan is:
-Fox 36 grip 2 170mm travel fork with 44mm offset and a Push ACS coil
conversion
-Fox DHX2 coil shock, 500lb coil
-Race Face Next carbon cranks with Wheels Mfg BB
-Shimano XT8100 12spd group w/51t cassette
-DT Swiss XM521 front and XM481 rim combo w/350 hubs
-TRP Quadiem G-spec 4 piston brakes w/ 203mm front and 185mm rear rotors
-KS Lev 150mm dropper
-Diety bladerunner flat pedals
-Spec saddle and carbon bar
-ODI Rogue grips

My Rune has a lot of these same parts and they work very well together.

It's getting spendy, but it should be sendy when done! Since the Rune is a 27.5 bike, it's an easy step to try the mullet option :)

I can't wait to get this beast built!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Any ride reports from folks here yet? I've seen a few things on Instagram indicating that bikes are arriving with customers, but still no other reviews to compare to other than what's in Spoke Mag.

·
Gloworm Lights
455 Posts
Any ride reports from folks here yet? I've seen a few things on Instagram indicating that bikes are arriving with customers, but still no other reviews to compare to other than what's in Spoke Mag.
I'm the Distributor in NZ and the bike on the Youtube video is our demo bike/my bike :)

In bullet points my impressions are:

1. Pedals very well, not just for a 155 29er but well. My last regular bike was a Prime V2. This pedals better than the prime and the spitfire V2.

2. It descends with controlled aggression. I've spent plenty of kms on the legend, rune and prime - the Titan descends better than V2 models and is as close to a DH bike without having a bike that is cumbersome.

3. Off the top plushness blows your mind. Even with 240psi the thing moves without much input.

4. Remains playful even with all that squish. Yes it is a 29er with 155mm travel but keith has done really well balancing opposing forces to create a beast that can party.

5. Its comfortable to ride. From the second you sit on the saddle it feels good. I didnt feel that same instant comfort with the V2s. Don't get me wrong they were and are very good bikes but the Titan is next level.

I've got 2 customers on them at the moment so will try to get some audio about how they feel. I'll post it on the Banshee Bike NZ facebook page.

Cheers!

B

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm the Distributor in NZ and the bike on the Youtube video is our demo bike/my bike :)

In bullet points my impressions are:

1. Pedals very well, not just for a 155 29er but well. My last regular bike was a Prime V2. This pedals better than the prime and the spitfire V2.

2. It descends with controlled aggression. I've spent plenty of kms on the legend, rune and prime - the Titan descends better than V2 models and is as close to a DH bike without having a bike that is cumbersome.

3. Off the top plushness blows your mind. Even with 240psi the thing moves without much input.

4. Remains playful even with all that squish. Yes it is a 29er with 155mm travel but keith has done really well balancing opposing forces to create a beast that can party.

5. Its comfortable to ride. From the second you sit on the saddle it feels good. I didnt feel that same instant comfort with the V2s. Don't get me wrong they were and are very good bikes but the Titan is next level.

I've got 2 customers on them at the moment so will try to get some audio about how they feel. I'll post it on the Banshee Bike NZ facebook page.

Cheers!

B

Good to know. My frame is supposed to come tomorrow. I'll try to get it built up quick and get a ride in on it.

·
flailer
161 Posts
Mine should be shipping out next week. I have all the parts accumulated and will work to it built up as quickly as possible!

·
flailer
161 Posts
wow looks really nice. You went the X-large route? I was almost going to go that way but settled on a large frame because the dimensions seemed to match my current X-large rune V2 the closest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow looks really nice. You went the X-large route? I was almost going to go that way but settled on a large frame because the dimensions seemed to match my current X-large rune V2 the closest.
I did. Getting to ride Longer new geo on other bikes changed my perspective on bike sizing.

1 - 20 of 886 Posts