Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My Scream

Here's my baby.. '03 Scream, '04 Super T, DeeMax and lots of Race Face and Azonic goodies... It's built up for trips to the grocery store and occasional XC rides...HAHAHAHA

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know they have 5, but I can only swing one. I'm getting a Chaparral. I'd like to have a Scirocco too, maybe next year.

·
Registered
605 Posts
my 03 Banshee Scream built for FR/DH and built it so i can pedal to the top of the hill when needed.

bike weighs 44.4 pounds
specs:
Frame: 03 Scream
Fork: 03 Boxxer Team
Rim rear: Mav321 on DT Swiss Hugo FR, swiss spokes/nipples
Tire rear: 2.35 Maxxis Hansventure
Rim front: Mag30 on 25mm converted to 20mm Hanebrink hub
Tire front: 2.8 Michilen
seatpost: thompson elite
seat: azonic loveseat
deralier: Shimano XT
Cranks: FSA V-Drive
BB: FSA
headset: FSA pig
Brakes: Magura Gustav Hydro's
cassette: Sram 9.0
grips: ODI lockon
stem: Atomic Laboratories

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
My Chappy w/ Romic, Z150, & assorted choiceness.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
my chaparral

Awesome bike! I got it about a month ago and I do a little bit off everything with it. I would say I built it to ride hard on xc trails, the occasional east coast downhill, maybe an urban here and there and a little jumping. Z.150, etc.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Inconsiderate Dan said:
Awesome bike! I got it about a month ago and I do a little bit off everything with it. I would say I built it to ride hard on xc trails, the occasional east coast downhill, maybe an urban here and there and a little jumping. Z.150, etc.
There's Dan's Chap.
Wassup brotha. We gotta get together for a ride again.
I found out Mansell will be closing for good in Oct. :mad:

Let me know when yer available.

·
Registered
155 Posts
After breaking my Super 8, I have decided to get a scream. I need help with sizing though. Im in Tennessee, not exactly a place where i can try out different sizes....
I rode a large stinky, and a medium super 8. Both of these bikes sizes felt great to me. Im about 5'11", 165 with gear. Im leaning toward the medium right now, and I was hoping some of you guys could help me out. Any suggestions? This bike will be used for hucks (maily urban) and very techy downhill.
It will be built up with parts from my S8, 02 shiver, mag 30s (26/24), Hope M4s....

·
Registered
294 Posts
My Scream should be here in a couple days. It took me all summer to get the money but it is all going to be worth it. 19" Silver Scream with polished rocker arms connected to a 5th Element. Jointed to an 04' Monster. Bike has Gucci build specs.

It is going to be a huge upgrade from old XC Trek hardtails. haha

-Evan

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
mtbman4 said:
I rode a large stinky, and a medium super 8. Both of these bikes sizes felt great to me. Im about 5'11", 165 with gear. Im leaning toward the medium right now, and I was hoping some of you guys could help me out. Any suggestions?
Email Pip or any of the dewds @ Banshee. They'll get right back to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chaparral

I did lots of research before buying my Chaparral. When you have the tech geeks at other bike companies telling you to go buy a Banshee you tend to look at their bikes in a different light. not only do they look well built, but if other engineers are touting Banshee's over their own brands then they have to be doing something right.

I didn't have a chance to test ride a Chaparral, but I did look at the geometry of my bikes and then compare it with the Banshee frames. Turns out that worked pretty well. The frame fits me perfectly. I also talked with the gang at Banshee and they did up a custom spring for the shock!

With a Sherman Fork, XT drivetrain, Mavic disc 223's, Hayes HFX-9 brakes, and Nokian tires, my Chaparral weighs in at 36.5 Lbs. It rides very balanced and feels more like it weighs somewhere in the upper 20's. I had a Trek FS ride and the Banshee makes that bike feel as if it came from K-Mart.

Here's my "mistress" (Wife's name for it not mine!)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 423 Posts