Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Advice needed!
Beforehand apologiese for my terrible english...
I own custom FS XC 29er bike and now want to build trail one.
I can buy Banshee Spitfire V2 frame with CCDBair for 1300 Eur.
I'm not familiar with that brandname, will it be good trail friend?
And if i'll use Manitou Mattoc Pro with it? Actually can take it for good price too.
Or i can buy Commencal Meta AM 650b or Nukeproof Mega TR 650b?
Really need your advice...

·
Registered
31 Posts
not just a good trail friend - probably best one in the world. :)
the low&slack geometry + diversity coming from modular geometry and modular dropouts offer the possibility to build it as You desire: an all mountain/enduro bruiser or light all day trail bike...

here: Banshee Bikes » Spitfire, 26", Trail, mountain bikes for sale read some more about the bike...

the mattock should be a perfect match: [email protected]" or [email protected],5" would be the way to go...

go for it - You will not regret it! ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I own a Spitfire v2 650b and had a CCDB Air with it, but I ultimately decided to sell the CCDB and get a custom tuned Fox CTD from Avalanche Racing. I was struggling to get the CCDB to have enough compression support without spiking at speed, and I ultimately decided that given the cost of the CCDB I should just sell it, pick something else up, and pocket the $200 that was left over even after the custom tune. It worked out very well for me, though the Fox does start to heat up a bit on very long DH runs. I haven't noticed any substantial differences in damping, but I'm sure the added oil volume of the CCDB would help it handle heat a bit better.

As for forks, I used to have an XFusion Slant but recently replaced it with a Marzocchi 350 CR. The Marzocchi is fantastic and was available at a great price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After 4 months of waiting i finally get it.
Not used and orange frame and CCDB, but new Spit V2 15 mint with CCDB inline for same price!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. As soon as i get all pieces together.
I've buyed Orange Spitty witn CCDB, used for a year, but frame were lost during shipping. :(
And Banshee send ne absolutely new frame with CCDB Inline!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts