Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
dogonfr said:
What are the travel settings going to be :confused:

7 pounds is a tough # to hit without compromising flex or strength. :D
Yep it is a hard # to hit for what it is. Hopefully all the #'s and materials end up where they're supposed to and a killer bike is born :D Thus making everyone up their game!

TerrorFirma said:
and you would be wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_Suspension_Bicycles or email Dave himself.
Although Banshee is a relatively young company we have a long history in mtb'ing. Our owner used to own, operate and engineer products for the original Syncros and has been around long since the very beginning of the sport - check out Pippin Osborne http://www.mtnbikehalloffame.com/inductees.cfm?page=99&mID=94 .
It really is the Turner 4bar, although people find it convenient to call it a faux bar, but are incorrect to classify it as a single pivot. I won't go into more detail cause this things been beaten to death like a million times in every forum.
Question is would this design be a really great application for a slopestyle bike? Answer: absolutely.
Read much?? I don't see anything in either of your referenced links regarding Turner designing any kind of suspension design. However, I did find this...
Wikipedia said:
Turner adopted a seat stay link similar to that used on many Kona bikes (called the TNT for differentiation), with positive feedback from the cycling community.

Looks good,
The 2007 Turner RFX is 7.1 lbs with a DHX air. it was lightened up to be more of a tough trail bike, the 2006 was more like 8 lbs with a similar shock.

DT used a lot of computer modeling to lighten AND stiffen the 07.

7 lbs seems light for a slopestyle bike that most people will just DJ and urban ride it. I dunno how the bike can be stronger with the curved tubing, it seems to be the trendy thing other than that the 66 fork crown is so damn wide that the down tube needs to be curved some.

Curious to see what the Banshee comes out looking like.

krispy@go-ride.com said:
Looks good,
The 2007 Turner RFX is 7.1 lbs with a DHX air. it was lightened up to be more of a tough trail bike, the 2006 was more like 8 lbs with a similar shock.

DT used a lot of computer modeling to lighten AND stiffen the 07.

7 lbs seems light for a slopestyle bike that most people will just DJ and urban ride it. I dunno how the bike can be stronger with the curved tubing, it seems to be the trendy thing other than that the 66 fork crown is so damn wide that the down tube needs to be curved some.

Curious to see what the Banshee comes out looking like.
The Wildcard is 7lbs without shock and I just checked the Transition site and the bottlerocket is 8.2 so I stand corrected... i read somewhere it was 9 and I was sure I saw it on their site... oh well. I think its well within where it needs to be to be strong... and we don't just guess at this stuff we use FEA and previous experience with our other bikes regarding wall thicknesses and such.

And to Red5: my last statement is out of line...
we've been calling it the Turner 4bar because thats what Pip has always called it and I figured he'd know best... he knows all these guys personally. It may be something he just coined because the design originated from the group of guys Dave worked with. Dave has and continues to design frames and suspension.

There is the Versus. This comes off the Versus site. :thumbsup:

(Whistler, Canada 2006-10-08)

This years' Harvest Huckfest saw the introduction of the Jump Jam held at Whistler Blackcomb's new Air Dome, an 8500 square foot training facility located at Base II. <st1:personname w:st="on">Andrew Taylor</st1:personname> killed it on his prototype Versus hardtail and went on take 1st place in the rider judged Huckfest Jump Jam which was brought indoors and showcased some great urban terrain.
The weekend ended with an Amateur Slopestyle happening in the Boneyard. Andrew Taylor opened up his bag of tricks and dropped off the Giro box and 270'd the quarter, he then supermanned the step-up following the step down enroute to winning 2nd place overall in the juniors (16-18) age class aboard his Versus Blitz II slopestyle bike.
"The terrain at the boneyard was challenging but flowy, it was a slopestyle rider's dream. I had my bike dialed for this course in a slopestyle single speed setup. The Blitz II felt "Hella" comfortable in the air and solid on the landings. There are some "big" stunts in the Boneyard and the Blitz saved me on a couple of landings where a bike of lesser travel and stiffness would have felt sketchy and unstable. Its geometry is spot-on and the rear end felt solid. The Blitz II felt "balanced" and it gave me the confidence to "style" more of the tricks"&#8230; says Andrew when asked about his two runs."
"Andrew has been truly steppin' it up in the "new school". We are stoked to be part of the vibe by engineering and building products for riders like A.T. and all of the new school of riders out there." Comps like the Harvest Huckfest for amateurs is great for all riders and the industry in general. We truly hope to see more of these popping up in the future for all to participate in"&#8230;.says Herb from Versus Cycles.

dogonfr said:
There is the Versus. This comes off the Versus site. :thumbsup:

(Whistler, Canada 2006-10-08)

This years' Harvest Hu...
Looked at the Versus and its a nice ride but i think it compromises in standover especially in the larger sizes... with a few twiques i'm sure it could fit the category a little better.
thats not to say one can't compete and win on one, just that for a larger guy who wanted to say do a tailwhip it might be a little better if you got the TT lower... it may be only inches but it is slight advantage and could make the difference between nailing the whip or casing it.
Any idea on its weight?

Discussion starter · #34 · (Edited)
not light

TerrorFirma said:
Looked at the Versus and its a nice ride but i think it compromises in standover especially in the larger sizes... with a few twiques i'm sure it could fit the category a little better.
thats not to say one can't compete and win on one, just that for a larger guy who wanted to say do a tailwhip it might be a little better if you got the TT lower... it may be only inches but it is slight advantage and could make the difference between nailing the whip or casing it.
Any idea on its weight?
~11.25lbs. Medium. Coil DHX. is what i'm seeing for the Blitz II. Put an air shock and you're looking at a pound less.

Andrew Taylor is a sick guy though. He could rip on anything!

TerrorFirma said:
Any idea on its weight?
The frame is designed as a universal slope-style/all mountain, targeted at many different riders with the ability to please all styles. No it is not a slope-style specific design, but it has proven it is capable of performing when called to duty. Versus like other small companys out there keeps an eye on what is the new craze & what they need to do to keep up with the ever expanding styles of riding comming out. You guys at Banshee should understand this, that is why you are looking at a slope-style specific frame to compliment the fleet. I dont remember the weight, but yes it was prety light & very flickable. :cornut:

hardcore newbie said:
looks like one of the iron horses
asside from the whole replacing DW link with horst.:rolleyes: Im not a fan of horst links.. wish they'd get a tiny bit inventive on the suspension design.

To me it just looks like another 4-bar horstlink kona clone, short travel and beefy.

Personally I'd rather have a bottlerocket.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.