Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
This has to be my favorite part about the write-up...

Turner 4bar system

Dave Turner hasn't designed any linkage systems that I'm aware of. A more appropriate name would be Kona 4bar System, although I'm quite sure that someone else came up with this even before they used it. But they are one of the biggest proponents of said design.

·
Registered
174 Posts
red5 said:
This has to be my favorite part about the write-up...

Turner 4bar system

Dave Turner hasn't designed any linkage systems that I'm aware of. A more appropriate name would be Kona 4bar System, although I'm quite sure that someone else came up with this even before they used it. But they are one of the biggest proponents of said design.
and you would be wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_Suspension_Bicycles or email Dave himself.
Although Banshee is a relatively young company we have a long history in mtb'ing. Our owner used to own, operate and engineer products for the original Syncros and has been around long since the very beginning of the sport - check out Pippin Osborne http://www.mtnbikehalloffame.com/inductees.cfm?page=99&mID=94 .
It really is the Turner 4bar, although people find it convenient to call it a faux bar, but are incorrect to classify it as a single pivot. I won't go into more detail cause this things been beaten to death like a million times in every forum.
Question is would this design be a really great application for a slopestyle bike? Answer: absolutely.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
TerrorFirma said:
check out Pippin Osborne
It really is the Turner 4bar, although people find it convenient to call it a faux bar, but are incorrect to classify it as a single pivot. I won't go into more detail cause this things been beaten to death like a million times in every forum.
Question is would this design be a really great application for a slopestyle bike? Answer: absolutely.
Pippin has done a excelent job starting up Banshee & knows his stuff well. I feel supporting the guys like Pippin at Banshee & Herb at Versus as well as the other so called indipendent manufactures is awesome. The riders & supporters of these manufactures should support each other to help spread the truth of real frame building & development.

Keep up the hard work & ride on!! :cornut:

·
Registered
174 Posts
dogonfr said:
What are the travel settings going to be :confused:

7 pounds is a tough # to hit without comprimising flex or strength. :D
To be perfectly honest all this info has been leaked of my blog so there was no official press release.
Regardless... the travel is 6.5" and 5" the 6.5 is for the guys who haven't yet dialled in the landings...
7lbs flex or strength??... this is exactly why a Turner 4bar is a great design for a slopestyle bike. The swingarm pivot and the rocker pivot are triangulated thus having two points of contact that help negate twisting forces on the back end. eg... take a hockey stick and put your hands to the outsides and have a friend try to twist it out of your hands... not so easy...then try it with both your hands touching in the center... bet your little sister could rip it out of your hands in under 5 seconds. Its basically the same just have the rocker pivot and the swingarm pivot represent your hands... the closer the are together the less effective they are at minimizing flex.
Also the rear wheel axle is attached directly to the main swingarm bearing [big and strong] which means there is less chance of increased flex.
Easton makes some damn fine tubing... enuff said on that.
Thats how we can get the frame light and non-flexy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
dogonfr said:
Leaked off your Blog, badbad thief. :yikes:

Any expeted release date :confused:
just check the blog... there will be constant updates of progress on all new bikes.
Cat is outta the bag so ... http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com hopefully this doesn't get too outta hand cause it is my own blog not Banshees

to answer your question: very soon... depends on how fast Easton can get the dies made for the custom tubes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.