Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking through the post and can't find an answer to my fork questions. I finally decided what frame to get for my FR bike, the Scream. I really like the Sherman forks and was woundering if a Scream has a 1.5" headtube. I was really wanting a SC fork and my mind is set on the Scream so if it does not take a 1.5" I was thinking about a Marz 66. I have had a Marz before and I liked it I just like the feel of the Shermans for some reason. Being that this is going to be a FR bike, no DH racing or anything so I wanted SC fork but I am open to maybe getting a 888 because I think they are the best DC fork out right now. So any input would be nice to help me get the best fork for this frame.

·
Registered
172 Posts
M-O-N-S-T-E-R T on a Scream for sure...

O.K. I was going to get a Scream before I decided to order a Demo 9.I didn`t know what fork to get either.I finally decided on the Monster T`s,because the Scream`s giant headtube is really built for a big fork like that.It is not a 1.5 headtube, just a very thick one.One that you can`t possibly ovalize(14mm thick!!!).I would put a Monster on it.The 888`s look nice too,and that`s what I`m gonna put on my Demo 9,unless more people on this forum can reassure me that a Monster would be fine on a demo.M-O-N-S-T-E-R T on a Scream in my opinion.Hell,the frame is built for it.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
The Scream has a 1.125 HT not 1.5.

Unless you intend on emulating Josh Bender, the Monster T is overkill for most people and applications.

If you're hell bent on the SC thing, you could probably get away with a 170mm 66RC on a Scream because its such a tall fork.

Personally, I would go with either a Shiver or a 888 on a Scream. Probably the Shiver, but either one is a winner.

I am a Zoke disciple and don't care much for the Manitou stuff, but a 170mm Sherman Slider would work too if that's what you like.

To muddy the waters further, White Bros 2.0, Fox DH40, or Avalanche are all quality forks too.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
e[I said:
o]The Scream has a 1.125 HT not 1.5.

Unless you intend on emulating Josh Bender, the Monster T is overkill for most people and applications.

If you're hell bent on the SC thing, you could probably get away with a 170mm 66RC on a Scream because its such a tall fork.

Personally, I would go with either a Shiver or a 888 on a Scream. Probably the Shiver, but either one is a winner.

I am a Zoke disciple and don't care much for the Manitou stuff, but a 170mm Sherman Slider would work too if that's what you like.

To muddy the waters further, White Bros 2.0, Fox DH40, or Avalanche are all quality forks too.
u coulda said all that in 1 word

.........shiver...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.