Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put on a Syncros BHT3 2.7 rear tire on my 03' Scream. This is by far the best rear tire I have ever ridden. It hooks up so well. Probably because it's huge. To get it to fit in my frame I had to move it back just over halfway in my dropouts. No big deal, but my chain still rubbed on my tire. So, I put back in the spacer on my bottom bracket I removed when I put in my DRS. This makes the chain clear the tire, but now there's other issues. I'm still messing with DRS (adding another back plate perhaps), but my chain is getting stuck between my small chain ring and guide. And my shifting is not as responsive as it once was. Is this one of the reason's Banshee went with a 150mm hub on the 04's? I was thinking about taking the space back out and tuning some of the low gears out. But I like my granny gears. What to do? Keep messing with? Give up, take it to go-ride? Any help? thanks

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
its a 9speed right? if it is and you dont mind sacrificing a couple of gears you can just stick a 7speed in there with some spacers between granny and the hub. thats all i can think off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.