Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about building up a Banshee Scirocco as a trail / urban ride. However, I've only seen pics of the bike in one color - I'm not sure if it's the ocean blue or the grey color. I understand it also comes in a peach color? Does anyone have pics of their Scirocco's so I can check out the colors? How do you like your bikes? I don't really have a dealer close by to check it out. Thanks. (also posted in Canadian Bikes forum)

Attachments

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
yangpei said:
I'm thinking about building up a Banshee Scirocco as a trail / urban ride. However, I've only seen pics of the bike in one color - I'm not sure if it's the ocean blue or the grey color. I understand it also comes in a peach color? Does anyone have pics of their Scirocco's so I can check out the colors? How do you like your bikes? I don't really have a dealer close by to check it out. Thanks. (also posted in Canadian Bikes forum)
this is what they call opal gray, and its a size 17

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colors

brado1 said:
I'm gettin a Red one! this came off Banshee's site sorry for the poor quality
I'm not sure the Scirocco is offered in all those colors. I saw that on the Banshee homepage, but I've only come across the Scirocco for sale in grey, blue, and peach. Let me know if and where the other colors are available.

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
ronny said:
How are you liking the Scirocco as a trail bike? Does the frame have a little give or is it punishing to do a longer ride on. Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks
ditto that!

how bout a built picture too. how extra large is an extra large?

·
Registered
25 Posts
just get big tyres

ronny said:
How are you liking the Scirocco as a trail bike? Does the frame have a little give or is it punishing to do a longer ride on. Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

My subzero has similar stay designs as the scirocco. Frame is actually comfier than you'd think. If it's still harsh, put some 2.5" tyres on it... 1" of travel on the back. :eek:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
yangpei said:
Here's mine in Blue..it's a sweet color, has some mettalic in it.
They are cool bikes, I really like mine. It does everything well. I've had it setup
a bunch of different ways. With a 5" fork, a DC, and now with the 66. Banshee's
"morphing geometry" is for real, the bike felt good with each of those setups.
I'd say it's best suited as a freeride trail bike, it does ok for urban, but it's geometry leans more towards trail riding. A Morphine or Scratch makes a much better urban bike.

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone know specs? Fork recommendations?

I took the plunge and ordered a 17" Scirocco frame. I was wondering if any of you Scirocco owners knew any of the component sizes I need so I can start ordering stuff. I assume the headtube is 1 1/8". What about the seat tube? Bottom bracket? Are most of you running a single ring up front or two rings and bash guard? I've also seen a lot of different forks on Sciroccos. I was leaning toward the Nixon Elite. Anybody riding on a Nixon Elite? Any other recommendations for fork? I will mostly be trail riding, but I wanted to be able to do some drops / jumps / goofing off so strength is important. I was leaning toward a coil fork as opposed to air. The Banshee site doesn't give too much info, unfortunately. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It takes a 26.8 seatpost but i think that is included with the frame. Bottom bracket i am going to use is 68x113 i think that is right. For now i will probably run a 3 ring setup, but will probably switch to a two ring and bash later. I am going to run a 5 inch RS psylo for now, its an air fork though. That will probably be replaced later too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.