Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
341 - 360 of 3294 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why is the Xfusion Vengeance not an option? according to Xfusion and their site they are 650b compatible.

•Travel: 170mm
•WT. LBS: (APR) 5.5(170mm)
•WT. Grams: 2494 (170mm)
•Spring: Coil
•Steerer: 1 1/8, Tapered
•Adjustments:Rebound, High & Low Speed Compression
•Stanchion: 36mm, Gold Slick Ano, Aluminum
•Casting: Magnesium
•Wheel: 26", 27.5" (650B)
•Axle: X-20 tool-less axle
•Colors: Black, White
•Axle to Crown: 565mm @ 170mm
•Max Rotor Size: 203mm
Yeh sorry didn't make that clear - fox is currently the only option in the rune build kits - am buying it complete.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi team - need some help please.

Ordering an XL - am 6'4 and around 108kgs.. planning on going the 650b route.

my dilemma is with what fork to choose. Fox only do a 34 in 650 specific - and a quick search around the web tells me I really want to go down the 36 path.

So a further search quickly tells me that 36's will fit a 650 wheel - but am unsure if it'll take 'bulky' tyres (currently on 2.4 mountain queens).

That's a question for a different forum so my main question is the 36 Van 180 is an option (not sure if you can shim it) or would it make the front end horrible with an already slack head angle? would it be total overkill? (don't really feel like i'm made to fly.. still nursing a broken collarbone..)

Bit of a shame as it sounds like the xfusion vengeance would be perfect but not an option.....

Any help would be appreciated I just want to order the thing!!
You can fit 650b wheels in a normal Fox 36!
And the BOS Deville 160mm or 170mm are able to fit 650B

I have the BOS Deville 170mm and it works just fine! Much better than any Fox or RS!!!
Just waiting for my ordered Rune V2 :(

unfortunatly I should not posts images or links cause i didn´t post 10 times...:madman:
Otherwise I could show you that the Fox 36 and the bos deville works with 650b and Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2,35

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can fit 650b wheels in a normal Fox 36!
And the BOS Deville 160mm or 170mm are able to fit 650B

I have the BOS Deville 170mm and it works just fine! Much better than any Fox or RS!!!
Just waiting for my ordered Rune V2 :(

unfortunatly I should not posts images or links cause i didn´t post 10 times...:madman:
Otherwise I could show you that the Fox 36 and the bos deville works with 650b and Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2,35
Cool thanks for the info would prob look to run some hans on some flow ex.

Guess I'm mainly interested in the thoughts on a 180 fork in the rune cause I'm leaning towards coil but also thinking 180 won't make the handling that flash..

So that leaves air... Float or talas? Any owners of runes that use a talas? Reckon you need one on the rune?

Plenty of people bag the talas and vie never tried one but I use the travel adjust on my e150 all the time. Either way anything gonna be good over that fork!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Including mine, I have now seen the CCDB air mounted three differetn ways on the Rune, Kieth if your around, does it matter at all how it is mounted?

This is how the reservoir should be mounted for clearance, best performance and ease of adjustibility. On smaller frame sizes the reservoir of the DBair may hit the downtube at bottom out if it is mounted below the shock at the rear triangle end.

·
Executive User - UK
799 Posts
Looks like an awesome bike guys. Definitely makes my short list of possible next frames.

Combines my favourite features from the Intense SS2 (slack HA), Spec Enduro (Steep seattube & short chainstays) and SX Trail (rigid) and adds in adjustability!

Is building one up around a coil CCDB/Bos Stoy and 180mm forks overkill?
When will the Scythe v2 be available?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Got mine today. Had to order a headset so I wont be able to build it til next week. Did weigh it though... 7.6 lbs no shock or headset.. its a medium. My large v1.5 was 7.1
I know how you feel, mine arrived last Friday but we had issues figuring out the FD and when we did figure it out we had to order one from across the Country and it will not be here until next week.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Once I do get it in though the build should be this.

Frame Banshee Rune V2 Large raw
Rear Shock CCDB Air
Fork Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti
Headset Red Cane Creak 110
F. Tire Schwalble Hans Dampf Vertstar 26 x 2.35
R.Tire Maxxis Minion DHF Super tacky 1.5 ply 26 x 2.35
Rims Stans Flow
Front Hope Evo 2 Black
Rear Hope Evo 2 Black
Crankset Gold RaceFace Atlas 22/32/Bashguard
Chain C-guide
Chain SRAM PC991 cross step
Freewheel Red SRAM PG-1090 11-34
Derailleur/F SRAM X9 3x10
Derailleur/R SRAM X0 2x9
Shift Lever/L SRAM x9 2spd
Shift Lever/R SRAM X5 9spd
Saddle Deep Red Chromag Trail Master LTD
Pedals Red Straitline SC platforms
Handlebar Black Easton Havoc Carbon
Stem Straitline C Clamp 35mm (Still not sure what colour to grab, either red or maybe black since I have a lot of red)
Grips ODI Rogue
Brake/F Juicy 7 with red Straitline levers
Brake/R Juicy 7 with red Straitline levers
Rotor/F 203mm
Rotor/R 180mm
Seatpost Gravity Dropper
QR Black Banshee one that came with the frame

Will be interested in seeing what this weighs when it is built up. The frame weighs a little more and the Fork is about 3/4 pound more then the Manitou Nixon elite I had and the shock probably weighs only about 20 grams more then the old Manitou ISX 6 it replaced. My old Rune was running around 34-35 pounds. I was hoping to build this up around 33 but i doubt that will happen. i should find out next Thursdsay for sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Build List

I hope in next 2 Week`s:
Frame Banshee Rune V2 Large raw
Rear Shock CCDB Air or FOX (2 Shock: one for CC; one for DH)
Fork Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti (2010 Violett, 1,1/8)
Headset ACROS AZ56 / AZ 44
WTB Stryker + Bronson (V&R) or EX1750 + Onza Ibex FR or Deemaxx + HighRoller 2
Shimano HONE 2x9 Speed 22/36(TA Specialites in silver)/Bashguard Truative
Chain C-guide V2 or Stinger
Chain Shimano XT
Freewheel Shimano XT 11-34
Derailleur/F SRAM X0 2x10 (Typ: 22-36)
Derailleur/R Shimano Saint
Shift Lever/L Shimano XTR 3x9
Shift Lever/R Shimano XTR
Saddle Fi'zi:k Tundra 2
PedalsNC-17 SUD Pin III S-Pro
Handlebar Raceface AM (Violett)
Stem Syntace Megaforce 2 (30mm)
Grips ERGON
Brake/F Saint 810 (203mm)
Brake/R Saint 810 (203mm)
Seatpost KS 950 R
QR: Tune Wüger

The weight is to heavy for modern AllMountain Bike, 3,5kg (look at Liteville oder Speci Carbon; that is modern) with Shock, that`s OK! Now it is on trip to Germany and I build it for spring 2013.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine today. Had to order a headset so I wont be able to build it til next week. Did weigh it though... 7.6 lbs no shock or headset.. its a medium. My large v1.5 was 7.1
Wow...7,6lbs (3,44kg) without shock are quit a lot....the official weight on the website is 6,5lbs (2,95kg)
you know the weight of the shock dummy? Maybe thats the reason...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rune V2

Wow...7,6lbs (3,44kg) without shock are quit a lot....the official weight on the website is 6,5lbs (2,95kg)
you know the weight of the shock dummy? Maybe thats the reason...
ist schon arg schwer.....hätte auch weniger erwartet...hoffe nur, dass es sich gut fährt und auch die Gr. "L" passt. Sonst muss ich in 2013 noch mal ein Bike aufbauen....vielleicht ein PIVOT Mach 5.7 Carbon!
Aber vielleicht stimmt die Waage nicht:D.

Ansonsten muss ich mir doch noch eine BOS Gabel holen, die wiegt ca. 400g weniger als die MZ55.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh ja! Meine 170er bos deville wiegt nur 2.030 gramm... und performancetechnisch ist sie auch ganz weit vorne. von daher macht man damit nix falsch. wenn man nun statt dem CCDB Air "nur" den Fox Float CTD nimmt hat man auch schonwieder über 300gramm gespart...

But thats an english site so we have to write english now :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is the spec I am hoping to build - In reality wont be done till the new year:

Frame Banshee Rune V2 Medium (yellow hopefully)
Rear Shock CCDB Air
Fox Float 160
Headset: Hope pick and mix!
Bottom Bracket: Not decided yet
F.tyre: Maxis Minion 26 x 2.5 - Super Tacky 42a UST
R.tyre: Maxis Minion 26 x 2.5 - Super Tacky 42a UST
Wheelset: Mavic Crossmax SX 2013
Crankset: X0 - 2X10 26/39
Chain: SRAM PC1091R
Cassette: SRAM PG-1070 12-36
Derailleur/F SRAM X0
Derailleur/R SRAM X9 2X10
Shift Lever/L SRAM X0 2spd
Shift Lever/R SRAM X0 10spd
Saddle: Not decided yet
Pedals: Not decided yet
Handlebar: Spank Spike 777 EVO (15mm rise)
Stem: Straitline SSC – 50mm
Grips: Lizard Skins Northshore
Brake/F: Formula The One
Brake/R : Formula The One
Rotor/F 203mm
Rotor/R 180 as I have it, but maybe 203mm
Seatpost: Thompson

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
900 Posts
bikeman_2 und zupaphil:

Es ist eben so das Banshee noch nie wirklich leichte Rahmen gebaut hat. Ich kann aber sagen dass sie sich erheblich leichtfüssiger fahren lassen als die Waage vermuten lässt. Wobei die Rahmengewichte wohl noch nicht final geklärt sind, dafür schwirren noch zu viele halbgare Zahlen durch das Netz. Ich hoffe Ihr werdet trotzdem glücklich mit Euren Böcken. :thumbsup:
Die BOS Deville habe ich auch auf dem Schirm. Für Erfahrungsberichte wäre ich sehr dankbar -> PM.

Viele Grüße aus Köln
NoStyle

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My V2 came in yesterday. One word that describes the new Rune, BURLY with a capital B. This is a hucker's AM bike. If you think the frame is too heavy, the Spitfire seems like the way to go without sacrificing that much performance.

I love the industrial look of the frame in person, but I feel like the V2 is so much more bike than the V1- and I'm stuck pondering if the Spitfire may be a better fit for the type riding I typically do.

·
13 Posts
Another one in Spain!

Size M, 3.35 kg (7.37 lbs) with 142x12 axle and shock bolts (w/o shock)

Build have to wait, because I ordered a Tune Bubi Headset but it is ZS55, not ZS56 as the Rune so I have to buy another one.

I'll update as soon as it is builded.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Another one in Spain!

Size M, 3.35 kg (7.37 lbs) with 142x12 axle and shock bolts (w/o shock)

Build have to wait, because I ordered a Tune Bubi Headset but it is ZS55, not ZS56 as the Rune so I have to buy another one.

I'll update as soon as it is builded.
That is interesting that you could get the 142-12, my bike shop called trident and were told they were not available yet and I would have to order them later. Hopefully at a discount since they were not available when I first ordered.

341 - 360 of 3294 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.