Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3294 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I think I´m the first to have the official and final Banshee Rune v2. Nothing but to say that this is the really first bike I see it´s almost perfect!!! Since the geometries (absolutely awesome) until the suspension system... probably the best I´ve ever try in my life ( my last bike was a Ibis mojo hd and it was a good bike too but... this Rune is outstanding)

Well.. before the photo session it´s important to point out some data to get a better idea about this kind of bike...

Frame weight --> Size L ( 3.6 kilos With shock) ( 7.9 lbs)

The main points of this bike are

Head Angle (With lyrik 170mm rc2 dh coil) --> 65º
Seat Angle --> 73,5º
Bottom Bracket Heigh --> 345mm ( So less than the geo chart even with the lyrik)
Wheelbase --> 1185mm

Bike Check (see image)

Imagen1.jpg

And the images.. ENJOY THE VIEW GUYS!! :D

IMG_3509.JPG
IMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3516.JPG
IMG_3520.JPG

·
Registered
595 Posts
niiiiice...
pretty similar build to what mine will look like... only some of my parts are a little cheaper mine will also be raw, large, fox CTD, Flow wheels, Shimano brakes, lyrik coil fork, LG1 single ring,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whats the exact name of the chris king headset?!

want to see more rune´s :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That bike looks fast just sitting there!
That´s true... this is a massive enduro.... another level respect to the others enduro... Right now I understand Keith words... " These bikes are designed to be ridden, and ridden hard. "

He was right....

Oh yeah!! :)

My first guess for the weight of the frame (L, blue. CTD) was 3,8kg. If yours is 3,6kg, the blue one should be around 3,7. That's good. :)
I think it´s not a weight weenie but it´s acceptable... did you see the bike?? It´s simply a rock!!:D

Whats the exact name of the chris king headset?!

want to see more rune´s :)
The Chris king model you should choose to build on this bike is CHRIS KING INSET-2

that´s perfect!

·
Registered
147 Posts
3,6kg with FLOAT CTD?....:eekster:.... That would mean 3,4 kg only for the frame. This is far more massive than I expected. My Wildcard L-frame is around 3,7kg without shock, so that´s pretty close for an AM-frame to a freeride frame....seem to be the replacement for the Wildcard in some way....This bike should handle it ALL....

·
Registered
436 Posts
3,6kg with FLOAT CTD?....:eekster:.... That would mean 3,4 kg only for the frame. This is far more massive than I expected. My Wildcard L-frame is around 3,7kg without shock, so that´s pretty close for an AM-frame to a freeride frame....seem to be the replacement for the Wildcard in some way....This bike should handle it ALL....
The shock it's probably around 300g. 200g is the weight of a very small Fox, 6.5''x1.5'' or something like that and this one is much bigger.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The shock it's probably around 300g. 200g is the weight of a very small Fox, 6.5''x1.5'' or something like that and this one is much bigger.
Ok, 3.3kg sounds much better...:D

It is the same league as an Helius AM oder an Cheetah Mountain Spirit Enduro for example. But it also is 300g more than a Specialized Enduro. This one indeed is a tank...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome bike!

It looks so powerful and fast :thumbsup:
And the red grips are cool, don't bother changing them :D

Regards
Ivanius from foromtb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Impressive! looks really good! It's too much bike for me, but I always like to see this kind of bike! Congratulations, enjoy it!!

1 - 20 of 3294 Posts