Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3294 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I think I´m the first to have the official and final Banshee Rune v2. Nothing but to say that this is the really first bike I see it´s almost perfect!!! Since the geometries (absolutely awesome) until the suspension system... probably the best I´ve ever try in my life ( my last bike was a Ibis mojo hd and it was a good bike too but... this Rune is outstanding)

Well.. before the photo session it´s important to point out some data to get a better idea about this kind of bike...

Frame weight --> Size L ( 3.6 kilos With shock) ( 7.9 lbs)

The main points of this bike are

Head Angle (With lyrik 170mm rc2 dh coil) --> 65º
Seat Angle --> 73,5º
Bottom Bracket Heigh --> 345mm ( So less than the geo chart even with the lyrik)
Wheelbase --> 1185mm

Bike Check (see image)

Text White Line Colorfulness Black

And the images.. ENJOY THE VIEW GUYS!! :D

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Bicycle accessory Metal Carbon Composite material Steel

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle chain Bicycle drivetrain part

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

·
Registered
595 Posts
niiiiice...
pretty similar build to what mine will look like... only some of my parts are a little cheaper mine will also be raw, large, fox CTD, Flow wheels, Shimano brakes, lyrik coil fork, LG1 single ring,

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That bike looks fast just sitting there!
That´s true... this is a massive enduro.... another level respect to the others enduro... Right now I understand Keith words... " These bikes are designed to be ridden, and ridden hard. "

He was right....

Oh yeah!! :)

My first guess for the weight of the frame (L, blue. CTD) was 3,8kg. If yours is 3,6kg, the blue one should be around 3,7. That's good. :)
I think it´s not a weight weenie but it´s acceptable... did you see the bike?? It´s simply a rock!!:D

Whats the exact name of the chris king headset?!

want to see more rune´s :)
The Chris king model you should choose to build on this bike is CHRIS KING INSET-2

that´s perfect!

·
Registered
147 Posts
3,6kg with FLOAT CTD?....:eekster:.... That would mean 3,4 kg only for the frame. This is far more massive than I expected. My Wildcard L-frame is around 3,7kg without shock, so that´s pretty close for an AM-frame to a freeride frame....seem to be the replacement for the Wildcard in some way....This bike should handle it ALL....

·
Registered
436 Posts
3,6kg with FLOAT CTD?....:eekster:.... That would mean 3,4 kg only for the frame. This is far more massive than I expected. My Wildcard L-frame is around 3,7kg without shock, so that´s pretty close for an AM-frame to a freeride frame....seem to be the replacement for the Wildcard in some way....This bike should handle it ALL....
The shock it's probably around 300g. 200g is the weight of a very small Fox, 6.5''x1.5'' or something like that and this one is much bigger.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The shock it's probably around 300g. 200g is the weight of a very small Fox, 6.5''x1.5'' or something like that and this one is much bigger.
Ok, 3.3kg sounds much better...:D

It is the same league as an Helius AM oder an Cheetah Mountain Spirit Enduro for example. But it also is 300g more than a Specialized Enduro. This one indeed is a tank...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 3294 Posts