Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my fork back so here is a complete picture. Also got a new Ti spring that does not give enough room and check out the damage! :madman: :madmax:
I'm still raw about that!

Keep an eye out for my previous Nomad vs. Rune thread...

Off the top this thing ramps up much raster/harder than the Nomad as far as I can tell. I can't get the full travel out of the shock with the same settings I was using on the Nomad. Keith told me I may have to crank up the high speed compression - but I think it needs to be cranked down from the Nomad by what I am feeling. Also, now running the steel coil once again and I need to drop 50lbs of spring weight.

Take a look -

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrpercussive said:
wow... thats one of the best looking bikes i've seen yet...

Sux about the spring though... didnt you check the ID size??
Yes, as a matter of fact! lol

I have the same spring (different weight) on another one of my bikes with a CCDB and it works fine too! It seems the tolerance of the spring centre was off to one side actually.

I've since gotten another, it's fantastic now!!! Not much bother now either, the rub is only cosmetic anyway.

I am going to post a few more pictures and a ride review with a comparison to the nomad in the next week as well

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
mjw said:
Yes, as a matter of fact! lol

I have the same spring (different weight) on another one of my bikes with a CCDB and it works fine too! It seems the tolerance of the spring centre was off to one side actually.

I've since gotten another, it's fantastic now!!! Not much bother now either, the rub is only cosmetic anyway.

I am going to post a few more pictures and a ride review with a comparison to the nomad in the next week as well
sweet... good to hear you got that sorted out...

The Rune is probably going to perform just like the Nomad if not out perform it despite having less travel... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mrpercussive said:
sweet... good to hear you got that sorted out...

The Rune is probably going to perform just like the Nomad if not out perform it despite having less travel... :thumbsup:
Watch for my post and find out ;)

I've owned the Nomad for 2 seasons, and now the Rune since this spring and I've got a fair bit of ride time logged. Set up is very similar, CCDB's and all - so it should be accurate. I'll have it up this week!

·
Gear Whore
1,354 Posts
mjw said:
Watch for my post and find out ;)

I've owned the Nomad for 2 seasons, and now the Rune since this spring and I've got a fair bit of ride time logged. Set up is very similar, CCDB's and all - so it should be accurate. I'll have it up this week!
Still waiting... :p

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DrF035 said:
I've been picking at it at work now for a week. I know, I'm slow. It's neat how anxions you all are. It will be up in the next 24-48 hours, guaranteed. Probably start a Rune review thread with it maybe? I have some new pictures too...

Look out for it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.