Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
161 - 180 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Chromagftw said:
Are sealed bearings the soup du jour for all pivots on the frame or does this only apply to the main linkage platform used in conjunction with the titanium axles?

Is it true that consideration (based on post Prime testing) will be given to the the existing Banshee model lineup to replace current IGUS bushings with sealed bearings for 2012?
All pivots, just like is found on the legend (although obviously diameters differ).

Consideration will indeed be given, but nothing will happen (if anything does) with that regard before 2013 at earliest.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Now maybe Keith will correct me here, but I surely can't see it as a 29er specific thing, it may be because of their bikes, the Paradox (a 29er) has the longest ETT of all and I could roughly calculate that since it and the Prime shares the same length ETT (on paper) as the paradox, yet the Prime has a HA that's about 2* slacker that the DT would have to be marginally longer for the Prime - guess I just figured there was a bit of wiggle room as far as tubing goes from drawing to final length/cut.

MartinS said:
I'd be guessing that for a test mule the straight guage tubing etc is cheaper than grabbing a hydroformed one, plus with a 29er the DT would be a bit longer.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
...and there I was thinking something like that, but I'm no engineer :D Was telling myself the equal height top of HT negated that :skep: guess we all have our specialties :D Still curious on why the Paradox DT didn't work? How much longer would the couple degrees and more travel give the Prime over the Paradox? Didn't think of the longer travel either :madman: :dope: which I think has more to do with it than the HA. Oh well, you never stop learning, and if you think you do, you're dummer than you think and you'll never get ahead ;)

builttoride said:
29er down tubes have to be longer than a 26er for a given ETT, because the head tube is higher relative to the BB.

·
Registered
65 Posts
builttoride said:
I think some of you guys might want to start following me on twitter... I took a pic of the XL...
Can you post it here as well Keith as some of us don't do the Twitter thing only do face book for banshee Barspin and a couple of other Aussie sites ,work get the :madmax: About the face book thing .

Cheers mate

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
hmmm, my twitter is meant to automatically upload to facebook too, but doesn't seem to be working while I'm in taiwan for some reason. (I must admit, I am only on twitter to follow our sponsored riders, and to post up some stuff that you guys might find interesting, I'm not that avid a user.

http://twitter.com/#!/builttoride see if that works for you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
link works great.thanks as some of us are not to flash on the nerd box.
nice work with the frames even straight off the jigs they look great.
how long till build up and given a good raz out on the trails....?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
XL Prime

FB is bad enough, but Twitter. Anyways, for those who don't/refuse to do it, here's the pic of the XL. Have to say, looking pretty darn sweet. Can't remember what shock you had said you'd be specing it with Keith, what was it? As to cables, let's see if I get it right...under DT are the guides for HS, top of DT are guides for rear D, TT are guides for FD and rear brake - right??

Attachments

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Keith originally said 73mm BB because it leaves loads of options crank wise and it didn't need anything wider, but he'd have to confirm now once the protos are all produced if that's still so - hope it is.
tribesman said:
what size bb is on the prime as the rear dropout can use a 150 mm axle?
Holy Cow, that rear tri looks built for a tank :eek: Mother of all :eekster:
Thanks for posting the rest NS.
NoStyle said:
For those who are not the tittytwister-facebookers let me help you with that damn sexy thing:

Greetings
NoStyle

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
LyNx said:
FB is bad enough, but Twitter. Anyways, for those who don't/refuse to do it, here's the pic of the XL. Have to say, looking pretty darn sweet. Can't remember what shock you had said you'd be specing it with Keith, what was it? As to cables, let's see if I get it right...under DT are the guides for HS, top of DT are guides for rear D, TT are guides for FD and rear brake - right??
Going to be specing with a couple of shock options, both air and coil I think. (7.875x2.25")

Bottom of downtube is for FD (Down pull direct mount)
Top of DT - rear brake and RD.
Bottom of TT - adjustable seatpost remote.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
well, that thing looks like the raddest 29er I've ever seen. props for making an XL frame that doesn't look like some dork just took and pulled hard on the top tube and seat to stretch out a medium either.

looking forward to seeing a full proto too. I bet it looks better with links and bearings

161 - 180 of 506 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.