Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, PB has got the first look exclusive, but nothing said we couldn't grab the pics to show over here, so for those of you who don't visit them here they are. And just in case you don't remember the Geo, that's at the end - geo was tweaked a wee bit from these numbers due to feedback on here, but these're pretty close. Man I can't wait to get my hands on this Bad Boy, it looks absolutely sweet, uber stiff and with the short stays should be very fun like it's little brother the Paradox.

Attachments

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Flexy?

I'm sure once the hydroformed tubes are in place on the main frame it'll be sweet! The rear triangle looks like it's got plenty of beef!

Looks like I know what might be taking my WFO's place in 2012!!!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
HA will be somewhere around 67* I believe was the final decission from Keith, but didn't nail it down to an exact number. If you then turn around and use a -1.5* angleset you could end up around 66*. As to slacker than what's out there, I think that of * production run bikes it will be and this is based on using a 140mm travel fork, not like others are doing using Dorados around 170mm travel, so throw something taller than 140mm and again the HA slackens more.

*production -a bike you can walk into a shop and most likely buy right there lor have ordered and be there within a couple weeks (in most cases once stocks permit). Produced in quantity runs, not when it is ordered.
PaintPeelinPbody said:
I know this probably all covered in the previous threads but:

This will be slacker than the current crop of long travel FS 29ers?

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
PaintPeelinPbody said:
I know this probably all covered in the previous threads but:

This will be slacker than the current crop of long travel FS 29ers?
Looks sweet as, sell a huge amount Banshee I hope, this will help bring us more long travel 29er forks...

Not slacker than most, not mine anyway ;)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Looks good. I'm not in the market for an FS bike right now, but if I was this bike is the kind of option I would want: very tough and capable without having more travel than I need or want. For those of us who want suspension to go fast and stay in control over rough terrain instead of going for airtime and big drops, this makes perfect sense :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not to be picky, your new ride is sweet as heck, but you're running "non stock" geo with a Dorado, set somewhere around 180mm travel. Stock Geo however for your frame is 69* using a 150mm (549 A2c) fork, so yes, stock the Prime will be slacker than your stock geo and nearly as slack as your bike running the Dorado ;) Once the Geo doesn't stray much from what Keith had said, but only time and actual testing will determine if that holds true.

Whafe said:
Looks sweet as, sell a huge amount Banshee I hope, this will help bring us more long travel 29er forks...

Not slacker than most, not mine anyway ;)

1 - 20 of 349 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.