Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
I think....that would be one badass idea!!

However, if we are making a wish list I would love to see a 7" VF4B frame first!

This new 29er full suser thing should be pretty interesting as well :)

Cheers to a good year from Banshee!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am about to join the family around income tax time and got to thinking that I would not own a road bike, but a cross bike would be acceptable.

I agree that a 7" VF4B would definitely be a bonus.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I second Scirocco MK2

... although my old (old enough to be V brake compatible) Scirocco is still going strong ...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What about a 3" travel, 24" wheel specific, full suspension DJ frame... Seems nobody is doing one... Would be good for older guys, like me, who are coming over from BMX and find 26" just a little clumsy to handle.

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
Again, another vote for a 7" vp4p bike.

For being a company known for their freeride bikes it sucks that their freeride bikes are the only ones without the vp4p suspension

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
climbingbubba said:
Again, another vote for a 7" vp4p bike.
One of the things that stood out to me about the Rune, is that because the suspension is so efficient and stays higher up in the travel compared to other designs, the bike feels like it has more travel on tap than the numbers indicate. Hope that makes sense.... I guess what I'm saying is only impacts use up the travel, not pedaling/braking/weight shifting etc. Rune certainly felt like it had lots more travel than my RFX (at 6.4")

Anyways- rather than add another bike, how about bumping up the travel when the rune gets revamped? That would also help differentiate it from the spitfire.

Although to be honest, Rune seems very dialled as-is... so I'd be more excited about a 'cross bike, or a steel scirocco :D

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
FM said:
One of the things that stood out to me about the Rune, is that because the suspension is so efficient and stays higher up in the travel compared to other designs, the bike feels like it has more travel on tap than the numbers indicate. Hope that makes sense.... I guess what I'm saying is only impacts use up the travel, not pedaling/braking/weight shifting etc. Rune certainly felt like it had lots more travel than my RFX (at 6.4")

Anyways- rather than add another bike, how about bumping up the travel when the rune gets revamped? That would also help differentiate it from the spitfire.

Although to be honest, Rune seems very dialled as-is... so I'd be more excited about a 'cross bike, or a steel scirocco :D
I am excited to try the rune out as soon as Err gets his. I was torn between the Rune and the Nomad and ended up getting the new nomad. Im not totally sold on it so if i get a chance to try Err's and like it then my dad is patiently waiting for me to offer to sell him my nomad.

I think banshee needs a 7" freeride bike to compete with the Uzzi (which in my opinion is a little too on the AM side of things) The market is flooded with AM bikes and DH bikes but not much inbetween. maybe if the new turner highline ever comes out then we will finally get that but who knows. I won't be in the market any time soon but when i do replace my DH bike i would want it to be a 7" bike with a totem since i mainly FR. It will be hard to go away from my canfield jedi though, just so fun!!

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
How about an inexpensive AM steel hardtail with Spitfire geometry? I refuse to get a Transam (everyone has one) and I'm a stickler for Banshee! Banshee Stickler anyone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts