Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi riders,

i have been told by some industry people that banshee should be coming out with a DH-specific bike next year - a project that has been delayed for 2 years apparently...

anyone have more info?

thanks
RK

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
They mention all sorts of new names:
Munro, Scythe, Wildcard, Rune, Rampant.

The Pyre will go through a few small tweeks and version 2 will be released late 2007

The hardtails will remain similar for 2007 and 2008 but when we finish the above, we'll look at updating them with the new tubing.... lighter

The Wildcard will be the first frame we anticipate will be finished,

We will then move onto the Rampant ... based on the Pyre VF4B suspension it will have a lower BB, shorter chainstay length, and optimized travel at 100mm to dial it in for racing.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
RoccoKlein said:
hi riders,

i have been told by some industry people that banshee should be coming out with a DH-specific bike next year - a project that has been delayed for 2 years apparently...

anyone have more info?

thanks
RK
Shall we just say that I have been working on it for over a year now... it is going to be something pretty special if it all works out...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think it will be awesome.. Those guys are cool.. Cant wait to check out the wildcard.. wahooo.. :thumbsup: Are there any threads on the other frames? or has anyone seen them? Kudos to Banshee.. Thay have some awesome bikes..

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I have been looking at the Rampant and it looks like a great candidate for a trailbike for a short legged guy like me... The long Rampant is long enough that I could ride with an 8 or 9 cm stem and the top tube should be low enough to let me stand over the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.