Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Removed at birth
595 Posts
An acquaintance of mine just picked one up. He is running an 02 Z-1 on the front. I got to ride the bike around the parking lot. All I can say is Wow. That frame is so burly looking. It really looks indestructible. The geometry felt a bit steep with the 5 inch fork, so I would recommend a Z150, or any 7 inch DC. The bike is just beggin to be hucked. The strangest part is how light it turned out to be. 2 thumbs up from me.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Bad ass, bomb proof and totally solid. No regrets. I love it. Get one.

Weyvo is right.
I started out w/ a Z1 and quickly switched to the Z150.
6/5 setup was good, but 6/6 w/ the Z150 is hard core.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I spent some shuttle time on the bike weyvo is talking about and loved it. I agree with the fork change; I would have loved to have had my Super T on it. I ride a 03 Stinky and I think that the Banshee just might be a better bike. Plus, it was 5 pounds lighter than my Stinky with a similar build up.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey I own one and it's a killer ride I compared it to a number of different bikes. The romic is bottomless I run my with a 26" front and 24" rear and a Marz. Z1 Fr 5' fork. with the 24 rear I get the same geometry as running a 7" duel crown and 26" rear. the bike climbs like a goat while seated, the frame is unbreakable and if it does break you get the benefit of a 10 yr wrrnty. I use the bike for everything meaning trail rides, dirt jumps , downhill and everything inbetween. if your building up a frame I'd go with the super t fork from the get go. my .02 is to get it, you wont be disapointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.