Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moss
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Friday, I had an opportunity to ride Banner Forest. The ride was astounding at approximately 26 degrees, about 4 inches of snow, and classic winter scenery. Excellent traction, flowing sun beams through the trees casting light on the white snow adorning the bushes and trees alongside the trail, and untracked paths was just a treasure. Many thanks to the Kitsap Gnomes who have kept the trails clear of overhanging brush: thus one not having to ride through a lot of weighted snow covered brush and tree limbs.

·
Registered
463 Posts
When you guys left to head back to the parking lot, I was just going to do another half hour or so, and then get home. But I couldn't make myself leave. I just kept riding. I finally looped my back to an empty parking lot just as it was starting to get dark, and throught, "that was one spectacular ride."

·
Sweet
533 Posts
Dave W and I nightrode Friday out there and it was the best.
That was a pinnacle for me, I haven't ridden in that kind of snowfall and terrain before!
I'm still grinnin' from 2 hrs of snow nightriding!

·
Registered
463 Posts
12/26 Rr

Actually run report, no really a jog/slog report, just to update conditions if anyone is considering a ride. I did several of the west forest trails, 2 to 9 inches of snow on the trails. It was 29 degrees and clear at 0900, and 32 and snow/rain at 1130. Lots of branches and small trees down, some brush with snow hanging over trails, some foot prints on main trails, but it doesn't look like anyone has been biking lately. No one will be racking up any fast miles for awhile, its slow going, but still could be fun. Roads to the area still has alot of snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.