Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Look at the time!
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bank '10 - What headset do I need? New: what rear hub?

I'm about to order a Bank frame. I've been out of the loop for 12 months, and it seems that about 16 new headset standards have been invented since. Can anyone point me to the correct one?

EDIT: headset issue solved. See last post - how to run a hope pro 2 rear hub on bank frame?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Headset

CaneCreek IS-3 top asembly Part# HSS0248K Top

CaneCreek XXC II Bottom Part # HSS2420KBottom that is for 1 1/8 steer tubes

If you want to utilize the Tapered headtube get the 1.5 bottom assembly if you have a tapered fork or are thinking about getting one.

good luck!

·
Look at the time!
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I can't find anyone who would sell the individual half-headsets and send them to Australia. I may have to buy 2 full headsets to end up with one working one, and a bunch of rather expensive earrings.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Because of multiple screw ups while building my Covert and wife's Syren....I might have what you need. Let me know if you are interested and I will cut you a sweet deal.

I will check tonight but I am almost positive I have the IS-3 top and XXcII bottom for a straight 1-1/8" fork (new).

adam

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just checked and I have

Cane Creek IS-3 Part# HSS0248K for the top

Cane Creek XXC II Part # HSS2420K for the bottom (1.5 reduced to 1-1/8)

let me know if you want them...they are new never installed .... I will take $50USD plus shipping...retail is around $80USD

·
Look at the time!
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New question:
My frame is now in the mail and I'm shopping for parts.
I can't quite picture how to install a rear wheel on the Bank.
Is it 10mm bolt on axle only?
In other words, If I want to run my Hope Pro2 135mm QR rear hub, will I have to convert it to 135x10mm thru, and get a 10mm thru axle bolt?

Edit: Found the Bank .pdf manual on the transition website. Standard QR will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts